1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know if Starbound still getting update?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nuypham, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Don't get offended, but I don't like Frackin' Universe at all.

Ickura, davoker, Armok and 1 other person like this.
  2. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

There's one thing left to do with starbound.

Mod it until you can't run it anymore.

AccountPrivacy likes this.
  3. Daikon Ocelot

My current favorite mods are just Elithian, Optimizebound, and Xbawks (of course). I don't know why people like to have like hundreds of mods installed. I mean, in my opinion, "you need it that much?" But... yeah, who knows.

Armok likes this.
  4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

For now the focus for Starbound is getting it ready for Xbox release. Chucklefish aren't going to update Starbound before that because then there would be more work to do on the port, as it is already incomplete. In the meantime mods can be used, yes, but not everyone likes mods. For now, just have to wait until after the port to see if there are going to be any more content updates to Starbound.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  5. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

Sooo, the xbox port is coming?

6. Axl4325

Axl4325 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is the port still coming? There's a new Xbox on the way, and they really haven't said anything about the port anymore, I don't think they should do it, it would be like porting something for the Wii U some months before the Switch was launched, they'd just have to do it all over again or just give up. And let's be fair, Starbound is a game that could see a lot of improvement, for starters, they could optimize it, the game doesn't run very smoothly, NPCs lag, the game stutters, sometimes the world generation will take a lot of time, etc. I feel like this game could be even more than it already is, I would love to see it grow more, and I would've loved if it had been in development for a longer time

7. Daikon Ocelot

The Xbox porting itself is handled by another company (it's called BlitWorks if I remember it correctly). So, we can't really blame everything to Chucklefish. CF is basically just waiting for BlitWorks to finish porting Starbound, before CF can do anything else to Starbound.

This is the link I found about BlitWorks.

Armok and Pangaea like this.
  8. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

I really wishfully hope, that if we get a 1.5
    I hope it will give us an FPS boost :(
    I plan to upgrade my CPU from Rzyen 1800X to 3800X i dont know how much FPS i will get from that.
    while it's performance boost is 25% via userbenchmark, i dont know if it will increase my FPS by 25%.

9. Daikon Ocelot

I suppose we can only just wait for their porting to finish. It's kinda useless to hope any kind of update when they haven't finish it yet, in my opinion.

10. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

BOTW is still running, and the official SB twitter account does occasionally retweet fanart every now and then, so CF is still doing something involving SB these days

I also feel that CF might get to work on a 1.5 update once witchbrook is released, which could be before or after SB gets ported to xbox, if that's still even going on

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  11. BAM-BIN-0

BAM-BIN-0 Guest

Speaking of witchbrook, do we have any other information about it other than it being Harry potter inspired and some images of it?

12. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

it seems to be something similar to Stardew valley, but probably less of a focus on farming(?), it doesn't seem like it'll be part of the chuckleverse like Wargroove and SB are unfortunately, but I'd be suprised if it didn't have some plants from SB or something referencing it at least.

BAM-BIN-0 likes this.
  13. Daikon Ocelot

I already know about that actually. But sadly, I don't have a Twitter, and that's kinda the reason why I complain. But again, I can't force them.
    Bam, here's a link to their official Witchbrook page, if you wanna know how far they have gone through it. Not much, but still looks promising.

14. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

if you check the wiki, there's a bar on the side of its front page that shows the twitter feed for the SB account :p

15. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah, I notice it, but it's not because I cannot see it. It's just because it's quite hard to get involved if you don't have Twitter (well, probably I am just going to make a Twitter soon anyway).

16. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

well huh, I have some important (and good) news from the official CF discord server:

Attached Files:

Daikon Ocelot and Faeryheart like this.
  17. Daikon Ocelot

Yeah, I kinda trigger Pilgrim with my joke. I joke-asking, "so, any update on Starbound lately? :D"
    Screenshot_20200623_011915.jpg

BAM-BIN-0 likes this.
  18. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

what a coincidence, I didn't know you were the one to instigate this :rofl:

19. Daikon Ocelot

I didn't mean to become the instigator. My first intention was really a joke. Because there are so many people ask question about it, and it annoys the moderator, because they have to answer again and again, so I came up with that question as a joke. And welp, that happens.

Armok likes this.
  20. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I wouldn't expect further updates from this game unless Chucklefish start having financial problems. They didn't finish the game and it runs terribly on non-linux systems. Personally I'd like them to buckle down and release a huge update that reworks the engine and makes it handle memory allocation better, as well as asset loading, so framerate hiccups stop... the game doesn't even utilize cpu cores properly.

AccountPrivacy, Ickura and marutech like this.