Anyone know how to remove bait? (iPad)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaskedDows, Oct 30, 2018.

1. MaskedDows

MaskedDows Void-Bound Voyager

Having trouble figuring this out, does anyone know how to take bait off a rod once it’s attached?

Trying to upgrade from the fiberglass to the iridium rod and can’t get my bait back. Any help is appreciated

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I don't play on IPad, so this might not work, but on the PC it is the same way you added it.

On PC I left click on bait in the inventory then right click on the rod to add it. If I right click on a fiberglass rod that has bait the bait pulls away and left click in open inventory to get the bait it into the slot. (Or right click on the iridium rod and the bait ends up there.)

Have you tried that ?

• MaskedDows

There’s no right click on the iPad that I can tell, tried tap and hold and everything but I’m getting nowhere. I’ve played on pc, Xbox and now iPad but the tap controls don’t seem to include a secondary click

• UnexpectedParole

Right. My point was though. How did you get the bait attached to the rod in the first place then? Try that method on the baited rod to see if that takes the bait off. for pc is was right click.. for you it was <you have to insert that method here>

• MaskedDows

To put the bait on you drag the bait to the rod, when I try to tap and drag on the rod all I do is move the rod. There’s no method to select the bait alone that I can identify

• UnexpectedParole

Do you have a controls section in your options?

On the PC my right click is the "Check/Do Action" item.
              I would hope that your "Check/Do Action" item/key would do the same as mine.

• MaskedDows

No, as I said. I have played now on 3 separate platforms and none of the usual methods have yielded results. There is no controls screen, everything is handled with a tap or tap and hold function, however there appears to be no way to select the bait on the rod

• UnexpectedParole

Ok. Guess I am no help to you then. Sorry. Best of luck.

• Goopsoop

Goopsoop Intergalactic Tourist

You click both the bait and rod at the same time. Done!!

Using iPhone 8

• MaskedDows

What do you mean by that? I’ve tried tap and hold to bring up the fishing rod info screen, but I can’t tap the bait while I’m already selecting the rod

• Matthew budhi

Matthew budhi Space Hobo

I just figured it out, probably im out of date, but just put a magnet bait(or any other types of bait) in and u will get ur bait back, so basically changing ur bait

Ringeltree likes this.