Anyone having, before - after terraforming pics?

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by LilyV3, Jan 13, 2017.

1. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I have yet not tried it out.

so how are the results? will it just re-generate the surface? or will it replace specific materials of a previous one into a specific of the new one?

So please bring on your terraforming pics. I'll try to add some too on the weekend.

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Well, here is some Fallout-like scenery I took about a week ago when terraforming scorched planet in admin mode

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png

Basicaly, it replaces primary and secondary blocks (say, if you terraform Midnight planet into Lush planet, Obsidian will turn into Dirt and Ash into Stone), as well as respawns plants (including trees, flowers and wild crops) even if there wasn't any to begin with (say, in Desert or Barren) and covers everything with layer of grass/snow/ash/whatever, including indoors and player-built structures. Liquid blocks are not replaced (so terraforming ocean-type planets is pointless), so are any blocks that are not part of planet generation (so unless you build from dirt you're good to go) and underground (albeit you can use Microformers underground to tweak that). And it also appears that planetary debuff (e.g. Deadly Radiation, Deadly Cold) disappears disregards of biome you're terraforming planet into (e.g. if you terraform Magma planet into Midnight, it will be neither cold, nor hot).

Sylxeria, The Squid and LilyV3 like this.
  3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Nice pics.

so what happens to the ocean/magma/acid on their planets when transformed into lush. will this make them stay and still refill, or will they disappear and float away into the background? what happens on desert planets, and to surface minibiomes? (like geode etc. ) will they stay the way they were or get replaces too?

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Everything gets replaced. For ocean worlds, the liquid type doesn't change, as well as the bottom of the ocean (which was disappointing lol).

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

All liquids are completely unaffected by terraforming. Terraforming an ocean planet will change only the look of isles, I personally tested it with Toxic planets. This also means that after terraforming Volcano planet lava ponds will stay and present a trip hazard (tested personally, it looks trippy to have a lava pond inside big chunk of Plant Matter or Dirt with grass)

Deserts change as well, minibiomes, for better or worse, also get converted.

6. TwiceB

TwiceB Master Chief

Just tried it on a lava ocean planet (with admin+spawnitem). It looks so weird, and you can see that rock wall thing on the bottom of the image.
    I also changed a volcanic planet to lush, too. All the obsidian and lava didn't change, now the monsters often take a dip and end up toast.
    The buildings changed, too, even grass grew on glass blocks on my castle, and inside, too, and some desert houses. It's like tehcavy said.
    Oh and placing the terraformer on the bottom of the oceans doesn't work, doesn't matter if it's before or after you terraformed it, it just says it's not on the surface.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

looks quite cool, is the fliud after transformation on oceans and lava still refilling form the background?

I made a few runs on the weekend but didn't have enough time to grind all the essence to terraform a planet.

Hmm, I just wonder if the ruin can be terraformed, it acts as a rather regular planet.

8. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

As I've been saying, all liquids stay completely same. Oceans still refill with their corresponding stuff.

Don't bother, when you reach threshold where you'd change the type of the planet game crashes. Albeit, Tentacle Microformer (or heck, even full-sized Terraformer) sounds rad.

Sylxeria and LilyV3 like this.
  9. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Slightly offtopic, but that comment about terraforming Ruin got me thinking, so I wrote a simple hack that creates a Tentacle Terraformer and went out to test it on some unwitting moon. Results were pretty convincing: Тентакли.png

10. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

hmm, that is quite cool, and could find use in some ideas. Like making endless streams and such, because currently endless water as such doesn't exists as an legit obtainable object.

awww, thats kinda sad.

That lookes nice. could get useful in attemp of making some story based stuff in multiplayers. too sad we can'T capture these little floating mobs as pets.

11. TwiceB

TwiceB Master Chief

Y'know, now I'm wondering if terraforming a moon can get rid of that ghost, and if the devs will make terraformers for ocean planets and update them so the liquids change, too.
    I'll try changing a moon later, after I fix whatever seems to be wrong with my game.
    I might also terraform a poison ocean planet and build a base there. I can post some pics here later~

12. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Terraforming removes it.

Hmm. I'll actually look into possibility of this when I'll have more time.

Sylxeria likes this.
  13. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Sounds interesting, I wonder how the water thing then will work. it would be nice having endless water and andless lava on the same planet by just terraformign a specific part.

14. simulatoralive

simulatoralive Existential Complex

For those interested in the results of terraforming a moon to get rid of the ghost...I did this today and it works.

I made an icy moon and then spent a fairly long time mining solid fuel. Never once saw the ghost. Let's just say, that little moon is likely to get rather badly hollowed out.

15. gamerboyULTIMATE

gamerboyULTIMATE Space Spelunker

Wondering if it would mess with villages. Me and a friend went to a barren planet & colonized it, and now im attempting to terraform it. Will it ruin the buildings?

16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

nah, but it sometimes puts stuff on it. like if u terraform a barren planet to a snow planet everything gets covered by a thin layer of snow