Modding Help Any way to have head armor animated?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Xlar, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Xlar

Xlar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a beginner at modding/coding so I've just been looking at other examples when I want to make something, but I haven't seen any head armors that are animated. I've tried thing's I've seen in other files in the game like adding ":<frame>", "orientations", and making a "head.frames" file but it didn't work (or I messed up). I'd figure I'd ask here to see if it's possible to do this or not.

2. Hoxalicious

Hoxalicious Industrial Terraformer

Actually, I'm very curious about this too. Being able to have something like a blinking light (or deeper) would be a real boon.

3. Clash

Clash Subatomic Cosmonaut

There already are head.frames files under armors and humanoid but it only specifies two frames: normal and climb. Climbing didn't make it into the game so the climbing frame isn't even used. What I was trying to do earlier is find if I could use a piece of armor to change its sprite to a different frame so I could raise/lower the goggles on my hat. Scoured the files and forums but couldn't find anything about adding the ability to use to an item so I gave up. Maybe there is some way of adding looping animations though. I see how you can specify different frames but I can't find the actual script that animates your character. It might not be in the assets.

4. FoolsPower

FoolsPower Subatomic Cosmonaut

Take a look at the drill files. Those items are animated, so it may be worth checking out. It's probably very similar to how objects are animated.

5. Snorfiets

Snorfiets Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pretty sure you can.
    You'll have to extend the head.png to have multiple frames for certain animations, and edit head.frames to correspond with these frames. But I think then the issue comes up that every single head.png in these files will need to have these multiple frames.

Don't take my word for this though, but that's what it seems like to me.