Modding Help Any tips on custom tech?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by rnainframe, Dec 26, 2018.

1. rnainframe

rnainframe Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Me again. I have another race (The Changelings, as seen on Steam!) that would highly benefit from their own custom tech. They're shapeshifters, so a tech enabling them to mimic their enemies has been one of the most highly requested features for it ever since I first posted it.

However, me being a HUUUUUGE amateur with coding... I have no idea how to make custom tech, let alone one that sounds somewhat complex to figure out. How would I go about that, and, after that, would it be possible for this tech to be as intricate as this idea might require it to be?

Thank you in advance for the advice!

2. Arcadere

Arcadere Orbital Explorer

I too am curious about this. Would love to see some tutorials or something if anybody can figure out how to do it.

3. rnainframe

rnainframe Void-Bound Voyager

4. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

I found a tutorial from 2014. So far that's all I've found.

5. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I would download some tech mods, unpack them and look at their files. that would be the best thing to get you started on building your own tech

6. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunate since its not very straightforward. But oh well. I'm sure I'll nut it out. Not much in the way of combat mods though. So I guess I'll dissect the Screw Attack. Its about the only attack mod I know.

I think I'll work on tying up my race first though.