Any tips for a new Stardew Valley player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteelSt0rmMaster, May 24, 2017.

1. 1cary5

1cary5 Space Hobo

hi
    very new here and having trouble giving a request item to someone. Also having trouble landing fish.
    Thanks for any help.

• Neonn_Neo

Neonn_Neo Seal Broken

I highly suggest Farming and Mining! Those In my experience make me the best money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Starbound Sailor Moon

Starbound Sailor Moon Industrial Terraformer

If anyone is like me and falls asleep while playing sometimes, always throw at least one thing into the bin every day! Your game will pause on the shipping screen. Otherwise, you could end up sleeping through eight hours of game play. :boo:

Saraneth likes this.
        • guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

1. Some people say take it easy in the winter. But you can still grow plants on your farm in the winter from Wild Seeds. You learn how to craft these as you level up.
          This is great if you have a decent sprinkler set up. I talk about it in detail on this post:
          https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/any-advice-for-winter.140332/#post-3250758

2. Another thing that's good to save for winter, stocking up on fruit, wheat, or Hops. Brewing these items in kegs or preserve jars the winter will increase the selling value by 2x-3x. Would you rather have some money now, or 3 times as much later?

3. Overhaul your farm, clear trees, change your sprinkler layout to make your farm as efficient as possible.