REQUEST Any mods that make married NPCs schedules more lively?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ColaWolf, Nov 30, 2016.

1. ColaWolf

ColaWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Like, have them go into town more, or resume their old schedules more? Yet to get married in game because my understanding is that when they're married, for like 5/7 days they just sit around your house instead of living their lives. Do any such mods exist?

Cemo likes this.
    • Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

I could do that for you. Any specific bachelors/bachelorettes?

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

This sounds so cool. Do you think that you could do all of them please?

Cemo likes this.
        • Mr.Mudkipss

Cool I did almost everyone except Emily, Harvey, Maru and Penny since their schedules are already pretty lively (and also because of a command in their schedules that I don't know how to change x.x)

Notify me if there are any bugs! I added 2-3 more days to their married lives, it goes in Characters\Schedules

Attached Files:

• ColaWolf

This is an amazing, quick response! Wow, Mr.Mudkipss, thank you so much. Any chance of a general summary of what days you've added back in to the people's schedules or that? Seriously, amazing work.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Wow thank you very much.

• Mr.Mudkipss

i added mostly tuesdays, wednesdays, and saturdays

ColaWolf likes this.
                • ColaWolf

Awesome. I'll do a light test of this soon, and see if there's any bugs. (Probably check one bachelor, one bachelorette, over the course of a week's schedule - others should definitely bug test too.)

Great work again, Mr.Mudkipss. :)

• Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so, so much ! I love it ! :love:
                    Alex used to never get out of the house (except on mondays) and now he's finally doing stuff !
                    I followed him all day. He went to the Bathhouse first before heading to his grandparents' house. I'm happy that he spends more time there

Also... this dialogue ! It's SO him ! I'm impressed

OMG I love this mod d2.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
                    • Mr.Mudkipss

^^ glad you like it :D

Harzelora likes this.
                      • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

What does this mod do specifically? Is it reverting their schedules to pre marriage, editing their current one, or something else entirely?

• Mr.Mudkipss

its adding a few more days the spouses go out

Harzelora likes this.
                          • ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

First off, thanks for the mod!

I did notice that this doesn't work with NPC Map Locations. Bachelor(ette)s with altered schedules won't show up on the map. Is there way to change it so it does?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
                            • Mr.Mudkipss

i have no idea xD maybe ask the NPC locations mod maker instead. I dont know anything about smapi ._.

foghorn likes this.
                              • GreenWombat

Where do we put the files? I was looking in the folder to place them but the schedules folder has schedules, new schedules, and a separate folder titled spring which has it's own set of xnb files.

• Mr.Mudkipss

Content/characters/schedules

• GreenWombat

• GreenWombat

@Mr.Mudkipss I think there's a bug with your mod. I had to remove it from my game because it seemed to be screwing with NPC schedules (oddly it seemed to mess with non marriageable NPC's as well. Some main examples I noticed were:

Penny would be missing from the lower area by the museum. The kids would be playing like usual after she teaches them in the library but she wouldn't be there and then I would find her in a different part of town just walking to the trailer.

Jodi stopped meeting Caroline in the town square. I don't know where she was instead but I would just find Caroline out there where she stands when they meet to chat but Jodi never shows up.

Gus not at his saloon. This I only saw once but I entered the Saloon and Gus wasn't there. He did show up later but he walked in after Emily had already gotten there.

I don't know why your mod would potentially mess with these schedules but it was the only schedule related mod I had running and after I removed it the schedules went back to normal.

• Mr.Mudkipss

hm... thats strange, considering i didnt even edit Penny, Jodi, or Gus... try again, perhaps?

• GreenWombat

Okay it seems it must not be your mod. I thought it had fixed itself when I removed your mod but now it's happening again and I'm guessing it's a bug in the vanilla game because as mentioned none of my other mods deal with schedules. Sorry for the false bug report.