1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Any large servers having massive CPU leaks as well?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Kane, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Kane

Kane Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have been having 20-30 people steady but out of nowhere the performance gets hammers bad and starts to leak bad and does not seem to clean up till a reboot.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? Since launch I had to do 3 reboots it seems I need to do my 4th one now.

2. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

Runnig on a 2x 6core = 12core dedicatet. And up to 50People cpu 1times go to 23 %

3. Kane

Kane Subatomic Cosmonaut

Server Specs:
    • Intel Xeon Haswell E3 1240 V3
    • 32GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
    • 6 x 240GB Intel 520 SATA3 SSD
    • LSI 9271-8i Raid Card /w Cachevault (BBU)
    • 1Gbps Uplink
    • 10TB Premium Traffic

But after a long time 2-5 hours we start getting massive CPU Leak.

4. Icewing

Icewing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It seems to happen with time as long as there's people on the server (even just one while testing). It'll be using a little ram then suddenly start consume it all along with a good chunk of CPU.
    Performance takes a hit very suddenly. Running the linux64 version of the server on Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS

Kane likes this.
  5. Kane

Kane Subatomic Cosmonaut

Glad others are getting it. I mean sucks but clearly its better then something super rare. IDK if there is something we can do for the devs to track it down.

6. stuwee

stuwee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yesterday also saw problems with lag, and most interesting, is that they were then disappeared for a while. The total number of connections to the server was 160 people, and to what time the server then acted in full normal. CPU when not exceed 80-90%. After about 1-2 hours the server started taking 100% CPU after a restart, after 30 minutes, the server again began to consume 100% CPU, but the players were already about 35 times less

7. FrenchTart

FrenchTart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think there's definitely something going on - perhaps just resources not getting unloaded when they should do. I'm not sure how many players I have on my server (I can't find any way to check, amusingly...any ideas?) but ram usage goes from virtually nothing to ~14GB with almost no CPU up to 300% (showing in top).