Modding Discussion Any knowledge of mods to change one-handed weapon holding?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Shaadaris, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

If anyone might recall, way back in Ye Olde Beta Dayse™, one-handed weapons such as shortswords, daggers, and i think pistols?, and also two-handed directional weapons like spears had idle poses. That is, a specific pose your character would stay in and hold the weapon, such as with broadswords, hammers, etc.

At one point, CF changed this, and instead, when holding these weapons they are perpetually aimed at the cursor, even when not swinging. Don't get me wrong, I like directional attacks, however, as someone who moves their mouse cursor around a lot, I find the arm-flailing that ensues to be... bothersome at best, and downright distracting at worst. I've actually mostly avoided one-handed melee weapons (primarily melee, guns I can forgive) due to this. Surely I can't be the only one.

So... I'm wondering, context aside, if anyone knows of a mod that reverts holding behaviour to its early days, with reasonable, realistic poses for one-handed objects that don't need constant movement when not being swung/shot (unlike flashlights or the Matter Manipulator)? If not, could a modder potentially say if this is even possible anymore?

I made a suggestion about this wayyy back in 2014, even, that I just found again while looking (unsuccessfully) for such a mod.
    (*Please don't necro that thread. It will likely just make the moderators annoyed.)