1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Any guesses for how big community will get after release?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by werty11109, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werty11109

werty11109 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My bets are on a Dark Souls sized community. 1.6 million copies sold for Dark Souls, I say a bit less for Starbound maybe just over 1 million but nonetheless a good sized community.

2. Eight

Eight Pangalactic Porcupine

Terraria's forum has just under 1 million members, and a lot of them will probably come here when starbound is released, so I think around 1,500,000.

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

Hm..... 20. I say 20 people. That's the most I have ever counted so it must be the biggest value in the whole universe.

YoungUnicorn likes this.
  4. Dice - AV

Dice - AV Astral Cartographer

I think the hype for this game will snowball quite rapidly, especially if the pull it off right and show off the space exploration and everything. It could possibly hit 2 million.

5. Spike

Spike Supernova

But note that some of the players loved terraria for it's theme; starbound will have a different theme, so it might put off some of the terraria players.

6. Cobaltcakes

Cobaltcakes Cosmic Narwhal

Well, according to the # of Members progress thread, as of late the user count is rising at roughly 36 user per day. Since the current release date is up in the air, hovering somewhere around the end of the year, for the sake of simplicity let's use December 31st, 2012. Now, according to this magic day counter I found on Google there are about 158 days from today to then. Give or take 1 day for timezones. 158 days time 36 users gets us 5688 users joining until then, assuming it continues it's trend. Added with our current 8594 (As of when I did these silly computations) and we get about 14,282 forum users. Note this isn't factoring in lurkers without accounts, IRC only users, the fact it's probably going to skyrocket release week, or that I'm probably way off because estimation and the whole "I'm not psychic" part. All in all this was probably an excuse to see if I could do legit math at 10:30 at night. I also may have taken this too literally.

7. We'll just have to wait until December to find out if your math is correct :proper:

8. BenevolentLlama57

BenevolentLlama57 Space Hobo

im gonna guess 1.8 mill probably gonna be more popular than terraria cause it doesnt look stupid while terraria the game isnt stupid it took my friend over two months to convince me to play it and i feel others thought it was stupid to but this whole spacie exploration stuff seems like it will draw in more people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.