Any good game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rockslinwood, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Rockslinwood

Rockslinwood Lucky Number 13

Lastly i just played WoW and Starbound but i want a breath of fresh air in video games.
    Can you rate me any game i could play and if possible an RPG like Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter or eve Icewind Dale

2. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

My experience with RPGs is a bit limited and I have a pretty weak laptop (atleast a decade outdated), so I mostly play indie games (and primarily roguelites and roguelikes, in that order).

But I think I can make some recommendations.

I haven't played it, but The Witcher 3 has gotten a lot of people hooked and is basically an RPG somewhat similar to an Elder Scrolls game, but better.

Terraria is an excellent game (especially with friends/family) if you haven't played it yet. If Starbound is the son, Terraria is the father. I haven't played it in a very long time, on the order of six years? But it's been getting hefty content updates since then.
    It'll be a good time sink if nothing else.

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. This is one of those hidden gems that is worth a playthrough or two. It can be beaten in a couple of hours if you're a quick learner (the boss fights are pretty tough, I don't think I beat many of them on my first attempt).
    The controls are some of the best feeling that I've had the pleasure of using, despite using a keyboard. The music and theming mesh perfectly, and there's a good few secrets and a secret boss. To be clear, the game is hard. But I can't recommend it enough.
    Oh, it's a Metroidvania(-lite)

3. Rockslinwood

Rockslinwood Lucky Number 13

Thank you for the recomendations i will go and see for Momodora sounds promising enough for me and i like the sound of the hard gameplay an bigger challange to complete the game

4. plantys

plantys Space Hobo

PC game or you have a specific console in mind?

5. Gerbilios

Gerbilios Void-Bound Voyager

Nioh, heavily inspired by the Dark Souls series with more in-depth combat. Divinity & Divinity 2: Original sin, good oldschool style RPG made with modern touch, combat is akin to Fallout 1 & 2. Pillars of Eternity, top down turn based DnD dice rolly system RPG, quite fun. Jedi Academy, not only is it cheap it can be modded until it crashes. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac age, new release of the game FF12, includes watered down version of the Zodiac Job System (can choose 2 jobs instead of 1 per char, can be ignored if you wish) grinding made easier by the possibility to speed the game up by 2x or 4x. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, bad voice acting, cliché story, fun as all hell gameplay climb monsters and stab em in the eye or throw goblins/wolves/people down a high cliff and watch gravity work. Subnautica, survive, explore and escape or SEE, all the puns especially the horrible ones intended, survivaly crafty basebuildy game with an actual ending.

All of these are available on PC.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Lavranzo likes this.
  6. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Ketchup Robot

Rimworld is the current "breath of fresh air" game I've been playing. Its really unique and fun.

I also make quite a few mods for it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  7. Sparklink

Sparklink Pangalactic Porcupine

I know a few gems.

Earth Bound
    is probably one of my most favorite RPGs of all time. It is pretty hard to describe with words, it is something you need to play to know about. It has a classic RPG feel to it with a unique fast-paced twist that I absolutely love. Earth bound was originally released on the S.N.E.S. If you want to play it one something more recent you can look for it on: S.N.E.S. Classic, New Nintendo 3DS, and the Wii U.

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance This game is a classic turn based strategy game. This one probably has the best characters, game play, and story of the series. Word for the wise; never play its sequel Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. The game was probably the worst in every respect, it was so bad it nearly killed the Fire Emblem series altogether. The only console you can find it on is the Nintendo Game Cube; however the Nintendo Switch is getting Game Cube Games as virtual console ports. Perhaps this game will be released on the newest console soon.

8. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Oxygen Tank

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is fucking amazing. Go play it

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Black Hole Surfer

Nobody said it so Ima scream it: CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!!

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  10. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

If you're going to play any Bethesda games, I recommend Fallout: New Vegas. It is my favourite and arguably the best Fallout game.
    The Diablo series is also very good, I recommend it highly.

I endorse this, Terraria is a good choice.

11. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Poptop Tamer

Here's some for you all:

Dungeon Master. (PC, Amiga, Atari ST)
    Tags that I will associate with it: first-person, dungeon crawler, 2.5 dimensional, fantasy, VGA graphics.

Chaos Strikes Back. (Amiga, Atari ST)
    If you think DM 1 was hard, you will find CSB to be close to, if not, impossible. You start out with no equipment in a pitch-black room filled with poisonous worms.
    Additional tags: multiple paths to victory.

Advance Wars 1 and 2.
    Tags: turn-based, top-down, tactical strategy.

The lousy suggesting sloth,
    Jim.