Other Any fanfiction writers/readers?

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by crabrangoony, Mar 14, 2016.

1. DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am tempted to start another file and make a series of journal entires along side it, detailing my (new) characters life in the valley. anyone interested in such a story?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Journal entry style stories can be very interesting. An author that I'm a fan of made either a trio or quartet series in the Journal entry style. Biggest trick is making sure that you keep it in past tense the whole way through.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So,you know how I said I wanted to have chapter two up by the weekend? Barring a miracle, I don't think it's happening, because I am five pages in, and Zephyr is still in the 'decide whether to stay or go' part of the chapter. On the plus side, I guess it is so ethoing that hasn't been shown in any other fics that I've seen, but on the other hand, it's basically life with a part of his family. But it's also supposed to be a slice of life work, so I guess that's a good thing? I don't know and I am conflicted on what I am doing, and basically just going to write until I hit a stopping point that fits and hope people like it or at least don't hate it.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

I hit a kind of snag like this when I was writing chapter 6 for my story, because I wasn't sure what I was doing at that point and I kept deleting and rewriting. I had like 4000 words written at one point and I ripped at least 2000 of those words off to rewrite and go in a different direction... I did that quite a few times. ;_; But, I at least hit a point I liked enough and decided to just throw it out there.

One thing I've learned is to basically just go your own route. It can be good to consider your audience, but at the same time, you're writing this for yourself so try not to get too stressed out (which is definitely what happened with me OTL )

You got this <3

Pudassassin likes this.
          • barbieshangover

barbieshangover Star Wrangler

I've never written a fanfict, but I have written other things. I'd love to try it, but are there many people interested in reading them?

lilly_ampleton and Pudassassin like this.
            • elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

People seem to be eating it up here, actually. It's to such a degree (and I'm so obsessed) that I have permitted myself to be dumb and write farmer-wizard shenanigans... ... so it's very encouraging to fic, here. :3

• Anushka.C

Anushka.C Guest

Idk if comic fanfic writing counts-
                since I'm doing one on SDV right now xD
                But I am in the midst of writing and brainstorming book ideas.

• Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

Hmm I do stories *cough* *cough* er fanficton I guess you could say I do write it however I never did anything SDV but that's very tempting

• Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

In my case, not usually, TBH. And I've never really been one for writing them, just bits of "hey, it would be fun/cool/whatever if..." stuff, but for some reason I ended up with a massive story I suddenly wanted to tell, and, well, chapter 3 just went up and I'm putting down words for chapter 4. Go ahead and slap one up here, the community here is quite supportive and have a lot of good, constructive comments. :)

• InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

Hey everyone! Haven't been in the forums a while, and thought it would be nice to catch up with everyone to see how your fanfics are doing--and also revive the forum! Took a bit of a hiatus while school finished out, but I am ready to rumble and write as much as I can while the summer is here. :DD

• Risukage

Been doing damn well, actually. Chapter 20 went up yesterday, and not only do I have tomorrow's and Friday's updates ready to go, I'm getting Monday's typed up, too. Really feeling the groove of the story I wanted to tell, as well as the "voice." I notice that you updated yours, too, which I haven't read yet because I'm a weirdo who just tends to lurk on page 1. Time to get a cold drink and see what you have...

*Looks at previous post in thread, notices date.*

Bloody hell, I've got twenty chapters out in a month? I AM THE GODDESS OF LITERATURE.

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

things are going fine on my end. i haven't written in the past few days but i'll probably finish up my next chapter tonight or tomorrow and just try to build stuff up. I've written ahead by a LOT, but most of it is WAY down the line. ;-;

I really, really need a schedule. The only thing I hate about it is that I don't want to end up missing a deadline and it makes me feel rushed. I think I'll probably do every Tuesday since i don't like submitting chapters on the same day as other people's schedules, it makes me feel like competition lmao. But I just get so excited to submit my completed chapters, and I went on a bit of a pause at some point so I've been throwin' em all out there. Hopefully by next week I'll have a big enough backlog to confidently post a chapter a week, or two chapters a week if I have that much. But we'll see!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I am still working on my fic, or err... I will be as I can look at computer screens for an extended period. Sunburned and scratched corneas, blah blah. Mostly brainstorming in lieu of writing for the moment. I shan't be surprised if I have to clarify my fic was started pre-1.1 by the time I manage to get chapter two written, check it over, and formatted for the forum. On top of that, the pack of rabid, cannibalistic hyenas that is supposed to be my family has decided to cause issues. Even more than that, both my mother and I are having complication that more or less relate to the genetic disorder we have.

So in summary, I'm not dead, fics not dead. Just very very very delayed.

• Risukage

So I just noticed that while there have already been a fair number of fanfics posted before I got here, they seem to have exploded in number and frequency of posts since I started mine.

I am patient zero for the fic-pocalypse! Muahahahaha! You all are welcome. :3

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So it come to the point that this fanwork forum begin to saturated with sheer number of fictions. Each is good on it own way. And as I read, I know it's isn't easy stuff to work with. I used to have an idea to write my own as well. But now I can say I would stay on drawing line arts and bit of MC animations.

And, I tried to read and keep up with most of them. Currently I aim to read @Risukage's and @MagicallyClueless' as well...

InvaderRoxas likes this.
                                • InvaderRoxas

InvaderRoxas Industrial Terraformer

I hope to get to reading some of the fanfics on here too soon, since so many are here now! :D I was reading a few back in the days where it was just starting around March-ish time, but I'm unfortunately too busy working and writing to reach much of them right now. After Camp Nanowrimo I plan on going on a bit of a hiatus to give myself a break, as chapters will be coming out like hot-cakes in July. Then I'll be able to read some of the new ones that have come up

• Risukage

C'mon, mate, give it a go! The sheer volume of writing that had proliferated here is a great sign of so much creativity, as well as the confidence to show something to complete strangers and say, "hey, I did a thing, what do you think?" No, writing isn't easy, but then, neither is art. How's this: you start up that idea of yours and I'll see if I can dig up my drawing stuff and try to get a half-arsed pic drawn of my OC, okay? :) My work contract ends next week so I'll have plenty of time to draw (and write!) come July. (I'm also doing Camp Nanowrimo, but for a different project.)

Ah, and thanks for the interest in my fic, but be sure to set aside a bit of time for it, as it's gotten quite long. And I have SO much more story to tell!

Pudassassin and InvaderRoxas like this.
                                    • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thank you for your responses! [​IMG]

Well, if you guy insist me to do, give this thing a try. It's a while back when I can't even draw. And this crazy idea come in without proper planning..

• TrashyVerse

TrashyVerse Aquatic Astronaut

Just posted my first Stardew Valley fanfiction ; 3 I actually wrote a lot. o.o' considering I have writers block (or lately I have been experiencing it) it was actually a 2,000 word first-chapter. Yeah its a transgender female player-character x Shane. Cause I'm trash. Also I'm trans so yey it's relateable. It also borrows a lot of things from Harvest Moon in case anyone's interested.

Risukage and MagicallyClueless like this.
                                        • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Not a writer myself, but I'll read any fanfic I stumble upon.
                                          I love the SDV universe and I love to see it come alive in these fics :)

Risukage and MagicallyClueless like this.