1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED AnTiHair - Big Bag of Long Hairstyles 2.3

... and a few short ones, too. 275 new styles!

1. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

You made a mustache for the suebian knot hairstyle, it looks great.

2. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Mh, youre right, he's the first one with a full beard. But a lot of my human males have some kind of chin beard or stubble... I think the original Starbound files had only 2 males with beard...D:

Oh, and here are the drawings in full size:

[​IMG]

3. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

Yes, please make more like the suebian knot (except with a more normal hairstyle xD)

4. Sir Orange

Sir Orange Ketchup Robot

I've had an idea for a while, it's only a matter of editing a few pixels, but here it is.
    draft.png
    It's basically the same head addon as my profile pic's but with jagged teeth.

Annuschka likes this.
  5. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Excellent! I'm loving that Ginko hair.

6. abernardi597

abernardi597 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible for you to consider making a hair style like this one? I'd really appreciate it!
    [​IMG]

Annuschka likes this.
  7. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Annuschka updated AnTiHair - Big Bag of Long Hairstyles with a new update entry:

Apex Colors, Beards and Tentacles!

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yay more beards and mustashes ! :D You keep delivering awesome art assets, time to make a new char hehe, those and your monsters are the first mods i installed and they never dissapointet me, keep up the great work =)

9. abernardi597

abernardi597 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh thanks so much :3

10. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

11. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

12. fluffyduhutt

fluffyduhutt Void-Bound Voyager

Wow man the new tentacle hairs look really cool. I had been wanting to create a Hylotl character for a while but I am not really a fan of their fin style. Now I can't decide which to go with.

Thanks for all the awesome work.

13. ahappydude

[quote="Annuschka, [/quote]
    Is it possible to animate the frames the hair is in? Like if i made an big beard mountainman like, could i make it move in 2,3 frames`?

Annuschka likes this.
  14. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

I was thinking about this too... There is some space in the png files that could be used for animation, theoretically...
    BUT there is only ONE .frame file for ALL hairs. So you can't just do it for one, it needs to be done for all at once (per race). Including all vanilla hair.
    Now, the simplest solution would be copy-pasting those hairs that don't need animation, limiting the work load. But as soon as you want to use other hairmods, that don't use animation, bugs would appear (especially if the png size is changed)...
    I could test it and see if it's worth it... Running Animation is 8 frames, but 4 frames should be enough for a hair run loop...

Edit: It would be more flexible to make a standalone "Animated Vanilla Hair" Mod, instead of including it directly into AnTiHair. And if you use both, you'll see animated frames, if you just use AnTiHair, the fames will not show up... Well there's still the issue of adding 4(or 3) frames to all 205 AnTiHairs + all 303 vanilla Hair files... :monkey:

And all this does not matter, if stuff does not work that easily, so... I'll make a test now.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  15. ahappydude

Cool that you also thought about it hehe.
    Yes that would be swell if you got the time and feel like it :)

I still havnt got a new working desktop so i have been practising some pixel art at the meantime. If it works you could/or i /others add small animations details like an dirty beard with small flies after that really long space travel haha, btw those mustashes looks great ingame! Very fancy indeed

16. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Mh, bad news so far: Adding frames to the dafault.frames files is okay, doesn't crash the game... But the running animation just does not show up. My guess: The game doesn't expect one and does not check for any walk/run/whatever frames for hair. I tried both variants:

Code:
    {
      "frameList" : {
        "normal" : [43, 0, 86, 43],
        "run.2" : [43, 44, 86, 87],
        "run.3" : [43, 88, 86, 131],
        "run.4" : [43, 132, 86,171],
        "climb" : [43, 172, 86, 215]
      },
      "aliases" : {
        "run.1" : "normal",
        "run.5" : "normal",
        "run.6" : "run.2",
        "run.7" : "run.3",
        "run.8" : "run.4"
      }
    and
    Code:
    {
      "frameGrid" : {
        "size" : [43, 43],
        "dimensions" : [2, 5],

"names" : [
          [ null, "normal" ],
          [ null, "run.2" ],
          [ null, "run.3" ],
          [ null, "run.4" ],
          [ null, "climb" ]
        ]
      },
      "aliases" : {
        "run.1" : "normal",
        "run.5" : "normal",
        "run.6" : "run.2",
        "run.7" : "run.3",
        "run.8" : "run.4"
      }
    }
    Both "work" (no errors, normal hair shows up). And it's all cool to set "normal" on another frame. I also skimmed through the .config files and so on to see if there is a place to "tell" the game code about the running frames... best bet was humanoid.config, but in the end I did not find anything.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  17. ahappydude

Hmm... Thanks for trying though :) Maybe we could make it an request for the devs ? cheers

18. Hey_bluejay

Hey_bluejay Void-Bound Voyager

Just curious, I didn't see this already asked so I figured I would go ahead and ask. If I played on a multiplayer server would others see the modded hairstyle? I'm going to assume that this is client-sided, but i'm curious as to what other players would see instead.

Annuschka likes this.
  19. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

I never tested it, sorry. My guess is that you will look bald. Thats also what happens when you uninstall the mod and load a char with modded hair.

Hey_bluejay likes this.
  20. Hey_bluejay

Hey_bluejay Void-Bound Voyager

Ah that makes sense. And if both players had this mod, I'm assuming they would see it? That's usually the case with most game clients. I might test this myself. Thanks!