1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED AnTiHair - Big Bag of Long Hairstyles 2.3

... and a few short ones, too. 275 new styles!

1. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Annuschka submitted a new mod:

big bag of long hair styles - AnTiHair - ... and a few short ones, too. 113 new styles!

Read more about this mod...

CalamityQuote likes this.
  2. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Annuschka updated big bag of long hair styles - AnTiHair with a new update entry:

7 new Hairstyles, 2 changed, Custom Decoration color for humans

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. D4rkWolf93

D4rkWolf93 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would an alternative download be posted up? I cannot download from site

4. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Yes, This link should work

5. Klairixia

Klairixia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    I've rated both, bcs i love them both! haha
    i've been wanting to make an avian hairstyle but...honestly im not much of a master in modding games at all, not even sure how i can even make hairstyle at all, but, yours is awesome! and ill keep it in my mod's folder; even if i ever get to work my own hairstyles, your reply was so fast im surprised! THANKS again!!!

6. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

So uh, glitch #5.
    That hair looks a little phallic.

7. Notso

Notso Industrial Terraformer

If I move all my other mods that use .species from the mod folder just for when I create a character, this should work fine right?

8. Notso

Notso Industrial Terraformer

Also you know what would be awesome [although I have no idea how hard it would be], would be to add a check box in the character creation screen that reverses which part of the hairstyle is controlled by leaf colour/flower color. I figure it could be relatively to just go into the species file and change that in the absence of a checkbox, do you know how I could do that?

9. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

I don't think it would work to temporarily move all mods that use .species during character creation. But you can just give it a try. Edit: I accidentally tried it myself: After not loading the AnTiHair mod your characters with AnTiHair will show up bald.
    Or wait a bit. The next starbound version will bring an update to the mod system. We can then add or change single entries in all those files and they will be automatically combined! Yay!

Mh, its not that easy. One could copy standard flower (hairColor) colors into leaf color (undieColor). And copy standard leaf colors over to the flower section. And change the "Source Colors" (those in front of the ":" ). There would be a lot of copy-pasting involved. Another problem is, that Leaf use 4 source colors, while Flower uses just 3. If you now use a copied "flower" scheme on a hair graphic that was originally made for all 4 "leaf" colors, the brightest color would stay a bright yellow (the source). The only solution would be to add an additional, very bright color to all the copied flower schemes for the f7e7b2 value.
    Even if you do all this, you would end up with A LOT of colors and duplicate colors (Same leaf and hair. Don't know if this is good or bad).
    Edit: Arrrrr, I'm working on it now ;-)

If you just want a few specific hairstyles with changed colors I can add them for you. Exchanging the colors in the graphics is a lot easier.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  10. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

There you go

11. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

12. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

13. InfinityWell

InfinityWell Void-Bound Voyager

i have a problem trying to install

14. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

A bit more specific information would be helpful. You basically just need to put all the stuff from the package into Starbound/mods/AnTiHair. On Windows you put the .zip into the mods folder, rightclick "Extract..." and simply click okay - it makes the AnTiHair folder by default.
    What exactly happens? Does the game hang on the loading screen? Does the game load, but stuff is missing? What other mods have you installed?

I just cleaned my mods, downloaded the mod and installed it and everything works as it should.

15. InfinityWell

InfinityWell Void-Bound Voyager

well i have an early start mod and an armor mod, i open up starbound and go into character creation and nothing there

16. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

me eiter.. i put all files of the zip on mod.. but in game nothing changes.. and i don't use any other mod

17. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Are all files just in "mods"? It is important that they all are in EXACTLY one subfolder in the mods folder. In the next update I'll include the subfolder, sorry.
    I suspect InfinityWell has the same problem, because I testet all the mods he installed together and they are working fine.

Starbound / mods / MODNAME / all files from mod, especially modname.modinfo.
    NOT MORE NOT LESS! yes, putting a mod in two subfolders does not work, too.
    The name of the subfolder isn't really important btw. Can be "anti hair" or "AnTiHair" or "i don't like this mod i have to delete it tomorrow" ;)

18. luki3m

luki3m Phantasmal Quasar

ahh ok thanks.. i'll try now

19. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

I'm trying to adapt the code to the new __merge feature. But I'm stuck right now, because genders is a list and I can't really overwrite and add stuff at the same time. More datail here. If any Coder has some ideas, I would be grateful....

Here is a more simplified description

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  20. Annuschka

Annuschka Big Damn Hero

Annuschka updated AnTiHair - Big Bag of Long Hairstyles with a new update entry:

Angry Koala Update, Changes to zip, new merge feature

Read the rest of this update entry...