WIP Anthro characters

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Gaveliere, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What would you prefer for the other NPCs?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2016.
  1. Single species for families

46.2%
  2. species based on personality

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColaWolf

ColaWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's great that the community's efforts are being compiled into one, easy-to-use pack. Hope you guys sort out any of the bugs soon; consider extracting the packs before uploading them to make sure no graphics issues popped up during the repackaging, saving, etc.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
    • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Quick update:
      So I'm combing through your pack and I'm not seeing any trouble. I'm going to try doing a new save with only your mod installed. was it just the one person who was having trouble? Two of the people who were reporting issues never mentioned your pack. This might just be a mod conflict for the one person, but I'll try the new save the only problem is that I won't be able to test everything (iridium star and stuff)

Edit: Testing on a new file with just your pack and Robin and Dem were both fine. My guess would be that jackal has downloaded a conflicting mod.

Edit 2: Shane seems to be fine too

@thatjackal what other mods are you using?

Edit 3:
      @Blanchard are you using the pack and what other mods are you using?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
        Blanchard likes this.
      • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Sorry Roskii just got back,

I've never had any of the problems (save for "blood snow" that was fixed by your cursors) that some of these users were experiencing. I have only my combo pack and Lacke's Anthro Player Mod installed. I've been messing with the mod all weekend too trying to come up with some of these same problems including the Iridium Star bug and haven't been able to recreate, Shane seems fine to me (also is new husbando) but I haven't combed through every one of his scenes just yet. I hadn't actually experienced firsthand some of the problems people reported, I just felt they were plausible. As far as I can tell we're in the clear, but I'll keep an eye out all the same in case anything pops up. I really appreciate you testing on your own as well Roskii~ As always if you do run into an oopsie let me know, but I personally couldn't recreate these problems and I think everything is still tight and working.

If no problems arise for awhile I might consider putting this up on the Nexus (don't know that they would let me as it's not my mod and original author is MIA so can't get permission) or at least a separate post where it can get more exposure; I'm not sure how many people are downloading the pack I made on page 34 compared to still downloading the outdated one on the front page. (For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I've got a functioning combined and updated pack of this mod for download on page 34).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
        • Roskii Heiral

I think that would be appropriate, since it is a community project (more or less). I don't see much of an issue with posting what you have so far, the credits will be tough (so many contributors xD). But yeah, it'd be so nice to be able to point people to the nexus or a new thread where you can edit the first page.

• Yasei

Yasei Tentacle Wrangler

Not sure if I have to create an account for this site, guess I'll find out.

(I'm doing something stupid which is recording a lets play -if you can call it that- with all/most of the furry mods put into it)

Can any artist who's done fan art of the furry mod plz link their Deviant or what ever accounts.
            And I would like to ask permission form said artist, If I'm able to use their Fan Art Work, as thumbnails (Edited to fit in the small 1920-1080 pixal range I have to work with)

I probably wont get many views on it, I'm doing for laughs and for fun.
            But if any of you do, the first things in the description will be the artist.

• D Valentine

D Valentine Aquatic Astronaut

Got a small issue on my end. When applying the mod, all iridium quality goes away, items don't stay in the casks (probably because of the missing iridium lists somewhere), and some odd things happen, like Emily's bird is missing in a couple of her cut scenes. The bird shows as a rather large (character-sized) maroon mark.
              I tried this with multiple save files and a couple mods added/removed. The only difference made was this mod. :cry:

• Roskii Heiral

Use blanchard's file from page 34 please. Your cursor file is out of date.

• D Valentine

D Valentine Aquatic Astronaut

Oh dear. Thank you! And I failed too read far enough back :cry: Sorry

• Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

Demetrius is finished!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And with that, I'm finished with my personal contributions to the project. The last four characters Gave did not do before leaving us (I hope he's okay honestly) I've done for my own personal enjoyment, doing my best to match the original creator's intent / style. I hope you guys enjoy if you do end up using them, though. Thanks for all your kind words.

I've thought about, but, would it be ok to make a new thread with the OP actually updated with your guys' contributions to the full pack, including cursors and stuff like that? Bug fixes would be easier imo that way.

Also, I've attached this set of xnb files as zips as usual.

EDIT: as a note, you guys are free to use my sprites anywhere in game or out of game as you like, just please credit me if you're going to give credit for the ones made by me of Demetrius, Emily, Robin, and Evelyn. I worked a good bit of time and patience into them but they are far from perfect, so editing them is fine by me too~

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
                    • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

I think that would be a good idea, Roskii and I were talking about that just a few days ago. It would keep people from downloading the outdated mod and commenting that it doesn't work, not knowing we have a working merged pack with all of the community fixes available. I was going to do it myself if no further bugs arose for awhile but if you want to jump on it by all means. I would make sure to dig through and find all of the contributors though.

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I would support this, as long as you remember to credit gaveliere and everyone else for their contributions. c:

• Roskii Heiral

"And a special thanks to Roskii for removing the bodily fluids from the snow"

xD

Blanchard likes this.
                          • Jamesbond2008

Jamesbond2008 Intergalactic Tourist

Is it possible to get the farmer female fox skin to be compatible with the get dressed mod? would love to use this but being stuck with one outfit when that mod exist is kinda disappointing

• Roskii Heiral

I think you're in the wrong thread. You might wanna try this one:

Anthro Farmer

• Jamesbond2008

Jamesbond2008 Intergalactic Tourist

thanks Sorry about that I wasn't thinking apparently...Anyways these are all great mods thank you for the work done everyone keep it up!

• Valkeir

Valkeir Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to splice in other portrait mods to have a blend of human, anthros & kemonomimi? Not sure if any dialogue was altered in the events.

• Roskii Heiral

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that unless you had two portraits where they're facing exactly the same angle, it would be super difficult. It may be easier to just make new portraits from scratch. I was wanted to do this to compliment my Callistan mod, but I'm just not satisfied with my portrait making skills, the rest of the sprites would be pretty easy.

• Valkeir

I was meaning the xnb's as opposed to splicing the actual sprites, that's something I could actually do quite comfortably regardless of the angle.

• Roskii Heiral

oh, you just mean mix different xnbs from different mods? yeah, that's okay. The only problem there is that you usually end up with alot of different art styles in your save file

• Valkeir

If bugs me enough I can redo the shading, fortunately just opting for humans and anthros means I can handwave it mentally as the fur causing it. Just considering kemonomimi for the "children" whose parents I stick a human xnb on.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.