RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Nekone Rin

Nekone Rin Orbital Explorer

This isn't incredibly important, but the Longevity outfits of marriage candidates revert back to their regular sprites if you try to kiss them. I'd fix it myself but I can't get the XNB file manager (I'm on Mac)

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

so go report that in the longevity thread, that's not a problem with this mod, the portrait sheets account for that(i should know...)

there's nothing in this mod that interacts with longevity functions, it simply edits the graphical resources. so you'll need to report that to the person who actually built it

Roskii Heiral likes this.
      • SirDraco65

SirDraco65 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's really impressive how this mod actually fits in pretty naturally with nothing seeming out of place. Complements to the mod authors, both original and continued.

Blanchard and Roskii Heiral like this.
        • Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

We've just hit 100 endorsements over at our Nexus page. Considering the niche nature of our little mod and the fact that most people usually don't hit the endorse button, I'm quite proud of that. Our ratio of one in seventeen people giving an endorsement blows pretty much every other mod out of the water, and I'm glad to have been a part of helping to bring this mod to fruition in my own small secretarial way.

Pat yourselves on the back~ (especially Gaveliere) :)

• ottdogbuns

ottdogbuns Aquatic Astronaut

Been a huge fan of this mod since it was originally created by Gaveliere, but I ended up falling off the face of the earth for a while due to being busy with life stuff. I'm really happy to see how much love has been put into this mod and it's continued releases. It's a fantastic mod and I'm really glad the community has been working together so well for it to work not just as a standalone, but with a bunch of other aesthetic related mods too. Everything about this is fantastic and I'm really impressed with all the work put into it. Great job to everyone who worked so hard to make this mod the best it can be. :DD

Blanchard likes this.
            • ProjectXR

ProjectXR Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, thank you that's a great mod. It give more mood to play

There's a bug in the localized sprites in the game.

Even that the sprite himself doesn't change when you change the game language (ex: the default FLU sign and TV presenter sprites is the same between english and pt-br),
              the game show the default sprites when you change it to another language.

(Sorry, I created a bug report in the nexusmod instead of create a reply here)

• Blanchard

Oh jeez I've never even looked around at how language changes affect the mod. I have to look into what's happening when the game is loaded under a different language, I haven't dug around in the mod for awhile since it was more or less feature complete and there wasn't a need to. I'm going to take a precursory look at the mod and get back to you in a little bit.

Edit: I see what you're saying, 99% of the mod works fine but the FLU sign and the TV stations won't display their anthro versions among other things such as the characters inside Joja-Mart. Looking around there's an individual towninterior .xnb file for each language, so each of those would need to be edited with the contents of our mod. It would be a bit time-consuming since there are lot of langauge-specific sprites you don't want to just overwrite, but I am certain I can whip up an individual language patch for each region.

I am going to try my hand at making a language patch hopefully this week, perhaps Wednesday or Saturday. Thanks for letting me know, I never would have thought about it. If anyone finds any instances of characters reverting to non-anthro form when playing in another language that aren't the TV characters, the FLU sign or the Joja-Mart employees, please let me know.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
                  Roskii Heiral and ProjectXR like this.
                • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

You could just replace them with the english version as a place holder and allow people to edit the specific languages they want and submit them. Might be a good way to share the load.

• Blanchard

Not a bad idea, I can toss up the placeholders after work tomorrow.

• Blanchard

Okie dokie guys, here's a temporary patch to hopefully fix the non-anthro sprites from displaying incorrectly when playing in another language. For the moment this will also cause several instances of what should be non-English spritework to display in English. Until I can make a proper patch this is unavoidable. On a more technical note, when I gave the language differences a closer look I realized there were many more instances of reversion than what I originally thought. It's gonna take awhile to patch every inconsistency for each language, but I have a neat idea that I think I can use to streamline the process just a little bit.

Let me know if this thing works @ProjectXR if you'd be so kind. I didn't have any time to test it myself and I have no idea if I actually did it right. I included backup files in case I messed something up so you can easily uninstall it.

Edit: I keep getting an error that my tiny 2mb file is too large for the Chucklefish server to process. I have no idea why and I'm too tired to figure it out. For now you can download the patch over at the Stardew Valley Nexus page.

ProjectXR and Roskii Heiral like this.
                      • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

You could also make a github. It helps with forum stuff.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Man, it's nice to know this mod is going strong once again! I just wonder if the mod could possibly be made comparable with Stardew Valley Extended sometime?

I'd ask about doing so with my own future NPC mods, too, but besides the fact that only one has any work on it, it's also already sort of anthro. (Starbound Avian NPC, ain't got art for her yet.)

• Blanchard

That would be a huge project beyond just importing Gav's NPC sprites; it would require making all brand new sprites for quite a few NPCs that are specific to that mod, and as I understand it that mod itself is supposed to not even be finished yet and is currently unstable. I'm not sure how the progress of it has been though so I'm not certain of that for a fact.

I can't in all good conscience ask people to donate their time to making it compatible in such a way that would require extensive re-spriting, least of all Gaveliere who was kind enough to return and add our community-made sprites to the mod in their style making the art fully consistent. The mods ACC has been made compatible with were not those that added new NPCs so we could make patches without pulling hairs and making all-new content for those specific mods.

With all that being said, if anyone did want to make a patch to make everything fully consistent on their own time I would be happy to add it as an additional patch, but it would be fully volunteered and not something I would consider priority enough to ask for. Sorry if that answer isn't what you were looking for, but I would never say "never". One way I could make a patch would be if people were fine with inconsistencies in art direction and characters not being anthro, but my current priority is in making this rather slow-going translation patch for a heap of languages.

• DJ_Zapple

DJ_Zapple Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh. Hm... What about Daily News? That should be easier, right?

• Blanchard

It would certainly be easier, but it also still requires new anthropomorphized sprites for the new newscaster. If anyone is interested they could make some new spritework for it to make it compatible if you want to ask around. With the sprites I could make a patch for that little mod fairly easily.

• Blanchard

In other news, I believe I've finished the translation patch! This should keep both the anthropomorphic sprites and the translated sprites when using other languages. I don't have time to test it myself for a few days so I'm uploading it here rather than adding it to the main file until then. If anyone wants to give testing this a shot before then I'd appreciate it. Chinese, Brazilian and Spanish in particular should show the largest number of differences. A quick hop inside Joja Mart should reveal both translated sprites and anthro characters if I did everything correctly.

Attached Files:

• ProjectXR

ProjectXR Void-Bound Voyager

I tried this patch and nexus patch, nothing changed. I tried a clean install and use only this mod, nothing new happened. I tried other languages that english, nothing changed there.

I only tested the TV shows

• Blanchard

@ProjectXR Try going into Joja Mart, I'll take a further look when I can. It's possible I just missed the TV shows.

Edit: I was able to get a friend of mine to try out my patch and literally everything except the TV shows is working properly in each language. I'm gonna look into fixing those next time I'm at my computer, but if you play with the mod enabled literally everything else should be working and properly translated except for the TV shows. (The language is correct but they are not using their anthro sprites; I'll dig around and fix it next time I'm back on shore.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
                                        ProjectXR likes this.
                                      • AdmiralWoodfinn

AdmiralWoodfinn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know if this is a known issue or if I didn't install the mods properly, but the dynamic clothing in Longevity causes some NPCs to use the sprites from Longevity as opposed to this mod's even after installing the files from the Longevity compatibility files. Sometimes it's the portraits too, but not always. Some NPCs aren't affected, however. Emily for some reason was unaffected while Abigail, Caroline, Vincent, Evelyn, Maru and Sebastian(portrait only) were. Turning Dynamic clothing off fixes it.

• Hubble19

Hubble19 Void-Bound Voyager

Could you make a version of this mod with just the tails, ears, and (if applicable) horns.