RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. ninjakaami

ninjakaami Void-Bound Voyager

Happy to help. I haven't turned up any other sprite problems besides a few non-anthro unused sprites leftover in the miscellaneous files, but there's only so much you can find just looking at files.

In the mean time, I'm making some of these files compatible with Siv's Marriage mod, but there's some portraits that I'm going to need help with. My best work is small sprites, sadly. I also don't want to upload anything until I hear back from Siv on if its okay or not, though she's stated in the past that she's more than happy to see other mods made compatible with hers.

Blanchard and Roskii Heiral like this.
    • jepic

jepic Void-Bound Voyager

Does this include the new shane animations for his heart events added in 1.1? like when he is all lying on the ground drunk.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Glad someone is picking this up! Question: I downloaded the files on page 34 of the old thread. Do I need to download anything here as well?

• Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

@jepic It should, yes. Though if you do run across any problems please report them.

@Sugar-Fable We have since updated the mod with a few more small sprite fixes (the main post has a changelog so you can see when the mod last updated). I recommend updating to the current version and overwriting the old page 34 one. I'll update that one as well just in case people still go to that thread.

ninjakaami and Roskii Heiral like this.
          • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for clearing that up~

Roskii Heiral likes this.
            • Pharoah Goat

Pharoah Goat Void-Bound Voyager

I love the idea of this mod but so far I'm noticing that Grandma isn't among the sprites or portraits. I could have missed it but, I didn't notice her. Although, I do see George was added.

• Blanchard

Every character is done, I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures of all of them. In-game Evelyn is also a hyena like George; perhaps a relic of a simpler time when it was considered proper for species to marry amongst themselves? Or maybe it's just coincidence. You decide!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
                  ninjakaami likes this.
                • ninjakaami

*waves* heyooo. So, I finshed Sandy, Clint, Pam, and Willy for compatibility with Sivs marriage mod. Heres a little sneakpeak of Willy: http://i.imgur.com/civ4gWe.jpg
                  (I am very biased in favor of cute blushing shark boys)

Working on Gus tonight after work. Really wishing I was skilled enough to change his clothes and make his hair less messy in his portrait, but oh well.

Blanchard likes this.
                  • Blanchard

That's awesome! Willy's been a favorite of mine but in vanilla he has a woefully small amount of lines compared to some of the other characters. I'm definitely interested in this mod~

How are you planning to distribute it when finished? If it doesn't break anything I could simply post it as the Anthro Characters Continued file proper and simply say it has compatibility while working without the marriage mod just fine, or you could make your own thread and I can shoot a link to it saying this is the compatibility patch. Whichever way you choose is fine by me, but I love the wider range of marriage options should the two be fully compatible in tandem. Great work~!

ninjakaami likes this.
                    • Blanchard

@ninjakaami Now that I think of it, unless your files are standalone, if you're using the bulk of the mod and just adding onto it I'd prefer it if I could just post it as the main mod or an alternate file so we don't have 3 threads with the same mod on the same forum. If they are just standalone additions you have in a separate folder I'd be happy to link to your mod as a compatibility patch, though.

ninjakaami likes this.
                      • ninjakaami

Well, if you add the compatible files to the base mod, they're designed to work even if you dont have sivs marriage mod installed, but there are a few little quirks that will show up because of how the sprite sheets had to be designed and coded, like Willy making a kissy face in a frame of his pipe smoking world sprite animation, or the more noticeable, extra "decapitated, making a kissy face" Clint head that sits on his anvil in the geode vreaking menu. They're not harmful, but if you dont use sivs mod and dont want those bugs, then its best to put these into a seperate file for those who want the compatibility. We can add the download link to this thread, or we could put a seperate folder into the Anthro Characters file titled "Siv's Marriage Compatible Sprites" and they could be installed after sivs mod and the base anthro mod have been added.

Blanchard likes this.
                        • Blanchard

Perfect, both of those work fine. I'll probably add it as a separate file here when you feel like you've gotten far enough along to share it~

Would you mind if I did the same for the Nexus page of ACC? I'd give you full credit and would link to Siv's mod with a little popup that says that mod is required if you want to use the additional file.

ninjakaami likes this.
                          • ninjakaami

Absolutely. This compatibilty is something Ive been craving from this mod for a long time and Im sure I'm not the only one. The more people who get to see it, the better. I'd be happy to see it more accesible to the people who want it :3

Blanchard likes this.
                            • Vanix_LH

Vanix_LH Void-Bound Voyager

I just got back into Stardew Valley and I was wondering whether this mod was picked up by someone, and I am glad it was! Thanks for continuing to support this, if there's any work that you need help with I'd be down with helping to the best of my ability. Also, it's nice to finally see this on the Nexus as well, I will endorse it there asap.

• ninjakaami

Okay, they're all ready to go! I've run through a few tests and haven't found anything messed up yet, but if anyone finds any mistakes or errors, let me know and Ill do my best to fix them.

Just a note, there a group of npcs that Siv's mod adds to the game that play a part in Lewis' 10 heart event, but I haven't gotten to a point where I feel comfortable making them into Anthros with my skills without more time to practice. I will update those extra npcs to be anthro eventually, but if anyone else wants to try to do them as well, just let me know and I'll send you their base files for editing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
                                  Roskii Heiral and Blanchard like this.
                                • Blanchard

Awesome, thanks a lot ninjakaami! I'll update the main file when I get home~

• Terrarian

Terrarian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, it's nice to see the community picked this mod up, I personally fell in love with it since it plays with the same artstyle of the game, which leads me to one concern: The new portraits added after the original author feel... kinda out of place. Don't get me wrong, it's great that some of you guys tried to fill the remaining spaces, but they need a bit of work. Just my 2 cents.

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                                    • Blanchard

It would be extremely difficult to find someone who could perfectly mimic the original mod author's art style. We are completely at the mercy of those who are willing to pitch in. If you know of anyone that can sprite from scratch in a fashion that mirrors Gav's style, please let me know. Otherwise, we have to go with completion over perfection.

ninjakaami likes this.
                                      • Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Phantasmal Quasar

If no one has pointed it out yet, some files need some character cases changed to make it compatible on Linux and Mac. This way it will replace the files properly instead of creating additional files which don't get seen/used by the game.

/Characters/ClothesTherapyCharacters.xnb
                                        /Characters/Marlon.xnb
                                        /Characters/Maru.xnb
                                        /Characters/Pam.xnb
                                        /Characters/Penny.xnb
                                        /Portraits/Leah.xnb
                                        /Portraits/Pam.xnb

Thanks for the updated Cursors.xnb file, that helped fix the inventory numbers not showing bug that the original was causing!

Glad to see the mod living on and prospering! ^n.n^

Blanchard likes this.
                                        • Blanchard

Sorry, I literally don't know anything about Mac or Linux. Are you saying the characters being upper or lowercase actually matters to Macs? Sorry for my ignorance here, I never thought that would be an issue and just want to clarify. If so I can easily fix that once I get home.

Also @ninjakaami I've been out of town since my sister's 21st birthday was yesterday and still haven't gotten back to my home computer to update the main mod file. I'll be back home later tomorrow night and can finally get to fixing it, sorry for the delay.

Roskii Heiral and ninjakaami like this.