RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll check in with him when i have the chance~ I do like some of the stuff you added here and I'll see if he agrees. I could always put it up alongside the alternate Alex as an optional file the next time I'm home to update the mod's front page.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
      BlueSkyes likes this.
    • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

If Gaveliere ever takes portrait commissions Id def buy one of my farmer~

Blanchard likes this.
      • Blanchard

Gav likes everything you did here~ I'm not gonna be home for several days but I will add these as a bundle with the main file when I next update! :avalibleh:

Edit: I mean as part of the main file, not a separate bundle. Whoops.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
          BlueSkyes and Sugar-Fable like this.
        • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Thank you, and also to Gaveliere! :cathug:

Wow, another EDIT: Hope you enjoy your vacation :catnod:

Blanchard likes this.
          • MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

For now i have added the updated files from BlueSkyes manually and love them, thanks a lot!!

BlueSkyes likes this.
            • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

(Hopefully I am not spamming)
              I was wondering, does anyone that likes this mod want barefoot characters (Just to get the real 'animal'/'anthro' feel)?

I already made barefoot farmer characters (I only got a Cheetah version, sorry!).
              I got some of Abigail down here:
              Abigail.png

pizza margherita likes this.
              • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

This is really awesome and Abby looks real cute in her flower dance dress barefoot

• BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Thank you! So I will continue working on barefoot characters then! I already got Vincent and Leah.

pizza margherita likes this.
                  • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I too enjoy the barefoot character idea :rofl: I actually have my farmer set to be barefoot through Kisekae

• Blanchard

Crawling through all the bug testing with our new project we're running through a myriad of new (and old) bugs we hadn't noticed before. We're slowly working through the process of patching a lot of leaks in the mod that should make people much happier in the end. 1.3 did a lot more than we had anticipated and there needs to be some work done on the base mod to make things like the wedding scene work as intended for all characters (especially in regards to our new project). We're troubleshooting our way to a much better 1.3 ACC (whether people actually notice the differences or not~).

Once we have everything fixed and running we'll be releasing Perry here for testing purposes for those who want to sin with a male Penny. That shouldn't be too much longer now, all things considered. Also I think I'm slowly becoming one of the most Stardew-proficient modders out there with all of the backwards engineering I've had to do for things like scene re-coding for resized sprite models and stuff of that nature, heh. At the very least I'm learning an awful lot the more I dig and tweak things.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
                      • MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

So i should expect a bug fix soon? Thanks for your awesome work!
                        Also are there any major/noticeable bugs besides the missing notes collection icon?

• Blanchard

This doesn't work the way you think it will. There are thousands of lines that an NPCDispositions edit cannot fix, and it can't interact with some hard-coding with strings calling on {0}, {1}, ect. entries. It also has no way to gender-swap any names or anything to that effect nor can it interact with any strings that use she/he/him/her pronouns because the game displays them as direct text, and if it calls on them as a variable this can't fix several of those either for things such as the wedding scenes (just go to a gender-swapped wedding and let it play out to see what I mean). This does however change how the game parses the character and doing this swap will REALLY break your wedding scene as the female Penny doesn't have a 13th line of sprites on the sprite sheet which all males read from for the wedding scene. Instead you'll just get black bars.

I've also re-written one scene so far where female Penny's sprite is buried under water except to hide the fact that her move function snaps back to a clothed sprite due to the way movement works in Stardew, which doesn't work when a taller male Penny is present since you can see the clothing transition which is very awkward and required some extensive workaround. Please do not try posting this ahead of time as it isn't going to actually provide anywhere near the coverage of fixes I've manually gone through, just let us worry about the gender-swapping. It's coming very soon.

BlueSkyes likes this.
                          • Blanchard

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12D1-lAjm8MpZphn0HhQHRfLInf4t9Elq
                            https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QwKs5Pif65kbeaDAI9gTjHJfuHL9g_bc
                            (click the links to view images)
                            [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know you're trying to help, but please don't keep trying to help with the dialogue. This is what happens when you use your NPCDispositions file; note the blue blocks which are the game looking for a 13th line of wedding suit sprites which don't exist on females for the now male-tagged model present as well as "husband and wife" not being corrected. This is a clean installation with no other changes and Penny's marriage scene.

Your file simply can't fix everything on its own, there are so many more problems that just making an NPCDispositions edit alone causes without knowing what you're doing, and it takes a very long time and a fair bit of know-how to change over everything correctly. I'm also as far as I can tell the first person to fix hard-coding problems that people previously thought were not able to be fixed in regards to dialogue and scenes for gender-swapping. Please do not post any dialogue gender edits, I don't want to confuse people or break things in their game they aren't looking to break. Just wait patiently for the beta test which will be extremely soon, a matter of days or perhaps even hours.

BlueSkyes likes this.
                            • Blanchard

@BlueSkyes I don't mean to upset your or sound like a jerk, it's just I know exactly how these files all operate now and I know what will or won't work. To do it properly you either need some sort of regular expression or to manually go through every single ounce of dialogue in the game buried in every Dialogue, Event and Strings file and slowly sort it all into each relevant character, unpack it all, make every single relevant prounoun or name change to every separate spouse candidate who is gender-swapped, re-write much of the overarching event or strings dialogue to be gender neutral, re-code any scenes broken by changing the gender flag, re-pack and sort everything and finally you've got one character done.

I appreciate the help you've given us and I do like the work you've been doing, but this project is something best left to Gav and I. I fully understand everything in regards to it and I'm already done with the sorting process and much of the changeover. It won't be super long now!

BlueSkyes likes this.
                              • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Oh, I am so sorry! I got a little too hasty there. You don't have to apologize, I should be. I didn't realize it couldn't work with dateable NPCs

I am confused on why changing genders would have an effect on making a character look... odd. May I ask, why does it do that? I mean, it shouldn't affect the sprites, since ConcernedApe uses coding like 'emote Abigail 12', since Abigail's, or Abel's, hard coded name is Abigail, as for in NPCDispositions, you can change the display name.

Again, so sorry, and I will wait. I can't wait, thank you for continuing this mod.
                                Oh, before I forget, will you ever fix dialogue for some characters? Since they are now anthros now, some dialogue does not match the mod. (e.g. the wizard saying, 'It's only human to be afraid of the unkown')
                                I am not the most patient person in the world, as you can easily tell.

Blanchard likes this.
                                • Blanchard

It's a function of hard coding. When you change a gender flag like so:
                                  Penny: "teen/polite/shy/positive/male/datable/Sam/Town/fall 2/Pam 'mother'/Trailer 4 9/Perry"
                                  ...you do get some of the intended effects, but now that the game is treating Penny as a male it is performing male-based functions when it comes to hard-coded scenes and the like. Since the marriageable males all have their wedding get-ups on line 13 of the sprite sheet it's trying to find a 13th line. Characters flagged as female and the marriage recipient in the wedding scenes don't look at line 13 (some, like Penny, don't even have a 13th row in their spritesheet). To fix this Gav had to make a new 13th row of sprites added onto the bottom of Penny's (now Perry's) gender-swapped spritesheet so the game can properly find his wedding clothes. It's kind of confusing stuff that we had to trial-and-error by making Gav hand-replace sprite files from other sprite-sheets, then do it in reverse with other peoples' sprites spliced into Penny's sheet, to figure out what was going on.

BlueSkyes likes this.
                                  • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Oh... that makes sense. Thank you so much. :catxD:
                                    Anyway, keep up the good work then

Blanchard likes this.
                                    • Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Hey hey everybody some updates for those who haven't been around my twitter.
                                      Me and blanchard have pretty much finished Perry's(Penny) stuff. We're just doing some more testing then we can have him up for download for everyone to test.

Blanchard's been doing amazing work. If I did the dialogue alone I wouldn't have been as thorough as him. He's managed to go beyond what other genderbends do by fixing a lot of problems that usually come with them. Props to him we can get this done faster.

Here's some screenshots!
                                      [​IMG]
                                      [​IMG]

All the portraits have been completed at this point. Emily and Penny's character sprites too. So here's some previews.
                                      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again you guys! We'll work on getting this out as soon as we can.

• BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Woa, my eyes are dying, this is good :speechless:

Blanchard likes this.
                                        • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

These look awesome!

Makes me think how you guys are gonna handle Abby's scene at the graveyard. Anyway, we're rooting for you two!!

Blanchard likes this.