RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Gaveliere

Gaveliere Prypiat

Oh hi sorry to pop in again. I've been busy until recently so I haven't been able to help keep up with the updates on this mod. I want to thank you guys again for keeping the support up. You guys are doing an amazing job! I'd like to continue giving my support again and help with the sprites as the game updates in the near future.

Also, I dropped in to tell you guys about something new I'm doing for the mod.
    I'm doing a genderbend mod for both the bachelors and bachelorettes because multiplayer and replayablity and stufff.
    [​IMG]
    It's still a long ways off from being complete but I'm working on it!

I don't really visit the forums much but just in case you need to contact me for questions and stuff my twitter is https://twitter.com/Gavelly NSFW btw
    Just @ me or something haha.

• Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

looks good so far :O

• Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow that's awesome, also hi again Gav good to see you! Thanks for leaving a way to check in and for popping back in every once in awhile.

• pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you, might just provide an eared version too if i get too flighty!

aaaaa oh man, these look so awesome!! I love Emily's version so much!

Blanchard likes this.
          • Yogurl

Yogurl Void-Bound Voyager

I thought other people might like an extra option to have an Alex without the flavor savor so that he looks a little more like the original Alex (not that it ain't a cute style choice!). I basically just rearranged his face and kept on changing small things until I was like, "Yeah, that seems Alex-y enough."

This is my first attempt at editing portraits (let alone editing someone else's edit) so I hope it's not too inconsistent.

Attached a before and after for a quick comparison.

Alex.png Alex.png

Attached Files:

• Blanchard

Well done~ if alright with you I will probably add it as an alternative optional file to the mod.

• Yogurl

Yogurl Void-Bound Voyager

That's perfectly fine by me. Happy to contribute to this lovely mod.

Blanchard likes this.
                • Blanchard

So I'm working with Gav on the gender-swap update and I'm slowly going through the process of converting the dialogue over to make sense when using a gender-swapped character in-game (it's a pretty crazy long process, each character requires combing over like 88 files and finding all of the relevant pronoun uses and name drops and carefully converting them over, in addition to other coding tweaks). I could use a little help, though, when it comes to editing the gender flag for characters. I'm not certain if just changing the flag word for "male" to "female" and vice versa will add/remove pregnancy stages from the characters. While possibly not a big deal for some, I think most people would be rather shocked if their big bara husband suddenly got pregnant, or their cute wife was incapable of doing so. I'll be doing my own tests slowly to see if I did everything right but if anyone is in the know it will give me a nice boost and take one variable out of the whole process for me.

pizza margherita likes this.
                  • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

This sounds like a massive undertaking, good luck to you guys!

• Blanchard

Hey everyone, I wanted to chime in really quick on Gaveliere's behalf. This next step in the mod's growth to add diversity and player choice is a pretty massive one, requiring a great deal of work to pull the gender-swaps off from scratch. I've added this to the main post as well, but if you're feeling inclined please consider buying Gav a coffee at:
                      https://ko-fi.com/gaveliere

Gaveliere's only current income source is his art, and the more time he spends on this project the less he has to devote to his livelihood. Any amount helps; if you've enjoyed the mod in the past or present and have a few bucks to spare he would greatly appreciate the support. We'll be touching base again soon hopefully with a working test build of one of the gender-swapped marriage candidates. Until then, stay awesome everyone.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
                        HopeWasHere likes this.
                      • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Will you make other Genderbends like Guys => Girls?

• Blanchard

Yes, we're doing all of the bachelors and bachelorettes. It takes a lot of effort though; I've read through every scrap of dialogue in the game and sorted it and now I'm working on all of the individual strings that have pronoun references. Also some scenes I'm having to re-code to make them work with newly-sized characters and the like (Penny's 10 heart event in particular). On Gav's part he has to do a lot of sprite work from scratch as there's no base to work from with them in regards to things like height.

We hope to have Penny's genderswap up for testing fairly soon. The rest after will be released all at once.

BlueSkyes and Sugar-Fable like this.
                          • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

IDK if I'll end up using the genderswaps, but I am excited to see it~ Good luck!

Blanchard likes this.
                            • MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to say that this mod is awesome, but the secret note icon in the collection is missing, along wrong or missing icons for the new wallet items added in the 1.3 update... hope you will fix this soon because it is just a minor bug, thanks!

• MasterXYZ

MasterXYZ Void-Bound Voyager

Just Updated the Cursors file by myself, tried inserting it and worked!!! Here is the link of the file, in case you need it:DD

Attached Files:

Blanchard likes this.
                                • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Cool thank you!

• BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Also, do you think I could help? I am, not to brag, good at editing sprites, like adding emotes! Just to speed up the process? (Sorry, I love your work and I want to help!)

EDIT: Okay, I didn't want to make a really long line of my posts, so I am just editing this one. I tweaked the JunimoNote01.xnb (In PNG form), and updated the character sprites. I also made a less creepy wizard sprite (When he closes his eyes), changed the emoji file in loose sprites, and temporary sprites. Someone already tweaked temporary sprites, but I didn't know until I already made it. Anyways, here are the files:

Wizard.png
                                    JunimoNote.ru-RU.png
                                    emojis.png
                                    temporary_sprites_1.png

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
                                      pizza margherita and Blanchard like this.
                                    • Blanchard

I'm on vacation right now I'll take a look at this when I get back.

• Blanchard

I think you'll have to check in with @Gaveliere to see if he needs or wants assistance when it comes to tweaking his art for inclusion in the base mod.

Edit: I do think the emotes and stuff are cute though!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
                                        • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Ok, thanks. Would he post here if he approve? I mean, I am not sure if he is around much on the forums.