RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. IDKGames

IDKGames Intergalactic Tourist

Hi. Just wanted to say I love this mod. One of the best designs I've seen. I have a question though. Have you thought about doing something for the player character too? You're like the only human in a town full of furries. :p

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

There is an anthro player mod here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/furry-anthro-player.112597/

Blanchard and Bonabopn like this.
      • ColaWolf

ColaWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I noticed that the Night Market update added a bit of new stuff that hasn't been covered yet, as well as updating the cursors file potentially breaking things like the TV shows and Caravan Merchant appearance. So I decided to make the Night Market more furry-friendly, and also fixed the cursor's file. Additionally, hopefully fixed that little error with Robin's sprite when she's dancing with Demetrius and there's a few stray pixels. Feel free to test this out, and incorporate it into the mod if you want. There shouldn't be any issues, but if there is, let me know!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ix3n9f32a2dbg5w/NightMarketHotfix.rar

Preview sample:
        [​IMG]
        [​IMG]

• Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

This is great~ I'm back and will be updating everything tonight, both this and the Content Patcher files are looking good and I'm overdue on getting them all posted for the masses.

Edit: I've updated everything. If anyone's running into any problems just let me know.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
            Roskii Heiral likes this.
          • baushavortex

baushavortex Space Hobo

Hi, Loving the mod, but I'm slightly confused. I'm probably just dumb, but I seem to only have ~9 of the new skins (in the first file). I saw that you also posted the old models for Demetrius, Robin, etc, but I don't see the new models for a majority of the characters. If this is a mistake on my part, I'm sorry for wasting your time haha. I tried looking in the other files attached but they don't seem to work for me as when I download them I don't get any of the new skins. My only thought is that maybe it's because it isn't in .zip format? Thank you for your time, and I'm hopeful that this issue can be fixed :)

• Blanchard

That's on me, I forgot to mention something really, really important when trying a workaround for Chucklefish's tiny file size upload limit. I'm fixing things now; things require an ACC 1.2 installation first before installing 1.3. I'm gonna re-upload the file with new instructions that mention this as well as edit the main post to include a pre-combined file for download. I just forgot to include the instructions for this. Sorry about that.

Edit: Everything is updated, please try downloading 1.2 and installing then installing 1.3 (or just downloading the pre-combined file from the main post) and let me know if you run into any problems!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
              • baushavortex

baushavortex Space Hobo

It's working now! Thank you so much!

• Blanchard

I'm adding another version of 1.3 Update (and will be removing the one I have up currently) with a few smaller fixes that I'm going to upload shortly. I would re-download the 1.3 update in an hour or so and re-apply it if you want a few more small tweaks.

Edit: File is up, the changes between the one you downloaded and this one aren't huge but they're worth the download.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
                    Roskii Heiral likes this.
                  • Sabs like "labs"

Sabs like "labs" Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Blanchard The Content Pack version already has some anthro Night Market denizens. Let me know if you want anything changed in it to the ones you brought into the XNB version.

• missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

This is definitely not my thing, but I cannot deny the absolute brilliance that went into this. The artwork adn everything is spectacular and Penny is actually the cutest thing I've ever seen. SO, many kudos to you and I hope the people who use it enjoy it. 10/10 job.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Excuse me, I was wondering if this mod is up to date with the multiplayer release? I heard it added new content, which was available in beta. But having never opted-in, I am in the dark as of how different things are, and if they are covered by this mod.

• Blanchard

Yes, everything should be working fine if you follow the 3.0 installation instructions. There were indeed additions but our lovely little community has pulled together to update the mod for them. Let me know if you run into any problems.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah, much appreciated! I will return here if anything looks amiss!

• pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Hi guys i have a wip here and have gotten an ok to make an anthro version of Tanpoponoko's Seasonal Outfit Changes with this mod as a base. Posting this to keep my willpower up (meaning also as a free pass to ask me to go on i won't mind really). Doing this alphabetically so i'm at Haley's winter outfits rn

[​IMG]

Some of them are getting changes on the base sprite itself (Elliot is the loreal lion now, Evelyn has hair and also love that Emily is a cat yet she's coded to hate fish), not sure if i'll keep the dithered shading or not. also having this internal conundrum if they hide their ears in winter wear

hope everyone's having a nice day

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

my god, these look wonderful! specially Evelyn and Emily, absolutely gorgeous!

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I look forward to seeing the rest of these <3

• pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

@Corraidhín

thank u!! evelyn's sprite is actually one of my top faves made by Gaveliere, she just looks so sweet <3

@SpringsSong

i'll do my best! in a worst case scenario when i'll be too quiet it'll be open-source so other people can continue to finish it

Blanchard and Corraidhín like this.
                                    • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

looks great so far! ^u^

pizza margherita and Blanchard like this.
                                      • Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

I love these! Hope to see more soon~ <3

pizza margherita likes this.
                                        • Blanchard

I really adore these and appreciate all the work you've put into it so far. I would love to see this taken all the way to completion one day, and I'm rooting for you~

As for the ears dilemma, I think a case-by-case basis is just fine; I'd just go with your gut. :3

pizza margherita likes this.