RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, those are small things that can be fixed when someone with some artistic talent is willing to take a crack at it. I'll try asking around and see if I can dig up someone willing to give it a shot if no one turns up.

• ProjectXR

ProjectXR Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I found a bug with this Shane event.

I have the ACC full v1.3 fix from @lxlhunter and the Translation Patch

en
      2018-05-06 (1).png

pt-br
      2018-05-06.png

• Blanchard

@ProjectXR I suspect if it's just that one scene it's something I just missed. I will try an do some digging and see if I can fix it this week.

ProjectXR likes this.
        • Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I think it's because the content pack I uploaded only alters "Cursors.xnb".

It doesn't alter Cursors.es-ES.xnb, etc. The alternate language ones. Someone else is welcome to add compatibility for other languages, but that's a bit too much work for me.

Blanchard likes this.
          • Blanchard

@Fyn What would happen if we just made a copy of your Cursors file and renamed it to and overwrote one of the translation cursors with it while sticking with my sprite sheet corrections files?

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

I have no idea, I haven't really looked into the cursors file for the other languages.

• lxlhunter

lxlhunter Void-Bound Voyager

Here is a fix to all the new language Cursor files that are in the 1.3 beta so they all use the correct sprites now, thanks @ProjectXR for pointing that out. I also included a fix to the traveling merchant sprite in the Night Time Market event that was also added in the beta, but there are still 5ish merchants that haven't been changed and are new in the beta. I just went ahead and repacked all the files that are changed for the beta.

I also noticed that the Cursor.xnb file that is currently in the mod has a big line on Sebastian's face in the image that he's on the motorcycle and I went ahead and fixed that. I'll upload that one individually if you want to add it to the base mod for people that aren't using the beta.

Attached Files:

Blanchard and ProjectXR like this.
                • Blanchard

Thanks again, I'll add these fixes in tonight.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

What would everyone think of a Discord server for fans of anthro characters and Stardew Valley and/or this mod? I can make it or someone else can... Itd be nice to chat with other fans~

Last edited: May 12, 2018
                    • Blanchard

I had this posted over at the Nexus:
                      "Seems there's a problem with Cursors.xnb, the one included with the 1.3 update makes the chat window invisible and hard to read... I tried to fix it myself but couldn't locate the part where the chat window graphics were."
                      Can anyone on 1.3 confirm if this is the case without any other mods installed? I'll be home to check it myself in two days but if anyone else can find out for me I could help this guy out a little faster.

• lxlhunter

lxlhunter Void-Bound Voyager

I only have a mod to make my character furry plus this mod and I don't have issues with Dialogue boxes, if they were using a mod that also alters that file then it won't be compatible.

Blanchard likes this.
                        • EevyernDracaneon

EevyernDracaneon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll be sharing this soon with the original creator of the cat children mod at least(since I don't know how to contact the creators of the original bear and wolf children mods), but I figured I'd share it here as well since this seems to be the place where all of the anthro mods are being thrown together?
                          This is a bundled content patcher compatible version of the kitten mods by ninjakaami, wolf cubs mod by bulbaswat(with additional dark haired edits by me), and the bear cubs mod by kozomomo.
                          The README suggests this mod and the anthro player mod, even though both of them aren't fully completed or currently incompatible with content patcher, but I figured I'd leave them there as I see this mod is being converted and I suggested to the creator of the player mod that that mod be converted as well.

EDIT: I forgot to put credit into the manifest for the other creators heck, changed that real quick

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
                            Blanchard likes this.
                          • Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Phantasmal Quasar

So these are just pngs instead of being converted into xnbs? Not sure what the content patcher is, some sort of mod manager?

So all that would be needed is to convert the files to make it just like the Anthro Characters Continued mod so you could just copy and overwrite the existing files. That'd probably be a good idea, and then you could have separate versions of the mods for the content patcher way of doing things?

Also, what's the difference between this and "Anthro Children"? Yeah I should stop being lazy and download it to find out, buuut...I'm lazy right now! lol

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Content patcher is a smapi mod that edits textures. This mod doesn't include anthro children replacements as they were made by someone else.

• EevyernDracaneon

EevyernDracaneon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think these are the same things that are in Anthro Children, except I think the anthro children file on here is missing the bear cubs? I'm not entirely sure, but I grabbed the bear cubs from the old thread for Anthro Characters.
                                But yeah as some people have been chatting about previously in this thread, and as Sugar-Fable mentions above, Content Patcher is a new modding technique that overlays textures instead of replacing them, so it's easier to use multiple mods that may edit different sprites on the same sprite sheet so you can play with more mods without having to make specialized xnb packs for them. It's also much easier for modders to create new mods as you don't have to struggle with packing and unpacking xnbs all day. You can check it out here, it requires SMAPI. It's so easy to set up and so easy to mod Stardew with that it's leagues better than xnb modding(which coincidentally will most likely completely break as soon as 1.3 is completely out).
                                There's a content patcher version of this thread's mod that isn't complete but is close enough that it's still playable, I figured I'd share the compiled children sprites. The anthro player mod's creator might be working on a CP version of that as we speak but I'm not sure. I did suggest that they look into that recently though since I'm hoping to use all three of these mods in the near future.

Blanchard likes this.
                                • Swiftpaw22

Could this be causing the invisible cabin proximity icons too? The nearby and separate option icons are present in vanilla, but invisible after applying the mod. Haven't verified if it's Cursors.xnb that is responsible yet.

Also, Demetrius.xnb, Emily.xnb, and Evelyn.xnb all need uppercase first letters in Stardew Valley Anthro Mod Full.7z to properly overwrite the existing files on Linux and Mac.

• Swiftpaw22

Thanks for the explanation! Will take a look at it once it's better supported. I have so many mods that are using the current system that I don't want to change yet!

• Syrexon

Syrexon Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,
                                      first i want to say i like really much this mod thanks for updating it.

I want to ASK if someone have a file from furry Alex where he is shirtless could he poste it or write me an pm.
                                      Thanks

• Blanchard

I can fix the case issues easily enough soon. I didn't even know about these cabin proximity icons until now, and am not sure what in here would be causing that.

• Swiftpaw22

First, thanks again for all your work Blanchard, you rock! <3

Second, yeah if you look on vanilla on the co-op screen you'll see some nice icons instead of the invisible boxes that the modded version has. I should have some time to play more with it this weekend and find out exactly which file is causing them to disappear but Cursors seems to be a big culprit in a lot of cases like this, lol.