RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

sounds like a good idea to me, what do you think, @Blanchard ?

• Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure if I should roll it in but it sounds like a good idea to at least have a second hosting site, I'll add it as an additional file hopefully sometime tonight.

• Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks a bunch! If you're playing as a human, you might still want human cubs, but more than likely you'd want non-human cubs if you installed this Anthro Characters mod. Sad that the wolf/bear cub mod seemed to vanish from the net. Wish I could find the modder. Was glad I grabbed it when I did. At least the cat cub mod has a website for it. Maybe that modder would consider combining both into a single mod.

• Roskii Heiral

Yeah, having all three as different side files would be great, good idea =3

• GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

@Blanchard Is it okay if I thank you for keeping this mod alive? I've been playing with it for a couple of days now, and I just wanted to say that the sprite work looks absolutely amazing, especially the portraits. I love it. I really hope this mod can receive continued support in future, as I think it deserves full integration into mod managers and maybe the Steam workshop or whatever (I don't know how this stuff works, I'm sorry).

I guess I'm getting a little carried away. Sorry about that. I just think this mod looks incredible.

I'm curious about a couple of things, and I apologize if they cause you any annoyance: I noticed a black tile appeared in the wizard's tower, and a couple of erroneous tiles between Leah's home and the sewer pipe that don't mesh with the snow well in winter. More than that, though, I'm being told there's some kind of major update coming to Stardew Valley with multiplayer. My friend and I have been contemplating new characters. I'm curious about your input on this.

And again, thank you a thousand times for keeping this alive. I can't say enough that I really adore the artwork. Sorry for gushing so much.

Blanchard likes this.
            • Swiftpaw22

Yeah agreed, and thanks! ^n.n^

I'd expect the update to require tweaking of the Player Mod the most as there will be two (or more?) players with the upcoming patch, and seeing them as their correct species might require a change (but hopefully not). Either way the awesome modders in both threads will make it work one way or another! ^^

And that got me wondering if combining the Player mod with this one to make the Ultimate Furry Mod would be a good or bad thing, lol. Might make too much work for @Blanchard though!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
                GreenBanana likes this.
              • Roskii Heiral

Combining would be a bad idea, because there are so many options for players, but there are alot of great furry player mods out there. Its very likely that once multiplayer his, all players will be whatever player mod you have on your pc. So, it will likely be different for everyone.

• Swiftpaw22

I hope not! Hope they implement it in a way that allows each player to be unique, perhaps even communicating mod xnb file information for each player, but we'll see.

• Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

unfortunately of all the games ive seen that did this, i doubt stardew will be capable of actually pulling it off. For something like that to work well, itd need to be part of the game from the beginning, since itd be looking at core files and such. If this wasnt on their minds when they were originally designing the game, some of the core code would need to be redone.. and thats just not something you can do over night xD

Though it would be nice if it does. Definitely wouldnt get my hopes up for it. Itll likely be similar to how starbound does theirs, comparing mods between clients and telling you when youre not matching.

There is one other way that could work.. that being steams workshop. Ive seen various games communicate workshop mods between each other, and download to match the host client (space engineers does this for example) however if they were going to do that, workshop would have been implemented awhile ago. I dont think we'll see that til after release of the MP update, if at all.

• Blanchard

Sorry the holiday has delayed me, I haven't been able to get to PC for a long time. I'll update within the next two or so days, and hopefully get a chance to finally look into the last little issue with the translation patch with the TV station sprites and see if I can fix it.

• GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

I'd think mod discrepancies involving graphics would be client-side.

• Swiftpaw22

Well it definitely hasn't been overnight! They've been working on it for, what, at least one year now if not longer? They've stated just what you're saying, that adding co-op support is going to require major changes to the core game which is why it's taking so long, so if we're lucky they might implement a multiplayer system that is awesome enough to handle player mods smoothly. Otherwise, we'll have to deal with all other players being the same species, which is unfortunate unless your mates and/or friends happen to be the same species as you, or not mind playing as another species, or vise versa for you!

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
                          • luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

they can be spliced together very easily if you unpack the xnbs, the images are just pngs you can copy and paste in any transparency-supporting editor such as paint.net or gimp

this should help you with the xnbs https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1080

• Blanchard

I've noticed the black tile, and I have no idea how to change it or what's causing it. I've dug around and just can't figure that one out, and it's bugged me for a long time. If anyone ever figures that one out let me know; I'll probably have to deep dig and scope around the .xnb's to see if something is out of line, a second look-through might help me figure it out. It's just been hard to find time with how little I've been at home lately.

On that note, I'll finally clean up the anthro child files and upload them tonight. Sorry for the long delay, I finally got a chance to get home for a night before heading back out in the morning.

Edit: Finally combined and uploaded them; let me know if anything seems broken.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
                                GreenBanana and Roskii Heiral like this.
                              • Swiftpaw22

Cool thanks for all the work with maintaining this mod! ^^

The link you added to the 1st post is just for the kitty cubs, but if you want the wolf or bear cubs you have to grab the random hosting places for the latter mod as it apparently has no home anymore. I'll have to contact the kitty cub modder to see if they want to include the other mods as well. That might be a good solution.

Okay, I've asked the kitty cub mod creator if they are interested in combining their mod with the wolf and bear cub mods here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/503?tab=posts

GreenBanana and ninjakaami like this.
                                • Blanchard

I didn't realize they were by two seperate authors but ninjakaami helped out on this project last year, you could actually just ask @ninjakaami through here.

ninjakaami likes this.
                                  • Swiftpaw22

Oh lol, hopefully they'll see this then, thanks!

ninjakaami likes this.
                                    • ninjakaami

ninjakaami Void-Bound Voyager

-waves- hello! Been a while but its nice to see everyone doing good! :3 I was summoned by the @, and I dont mind hosting the wolf and bear babies on my oen mod with credits to the actual author, but it might be a few days, as my laptop I keep my files on is currently being repaired. My charger port came loose and fell into the machine so it was bye-bye battery, too. ;-; I'd be happy to merge them once thats taken care of, though, and if anyone is interested, Im also making some lizard babies gor an update as well. (Might add dragons, depends on how annoying the wings and horns are).

GreenBanana and Roskii Heiral like this.
                                      • Swiftpaw22

Sorry to hear about your laptop! That's awesome about adding more species to the baby/toddler mod! I wish I knew who the author was to ask them about it, but until then they should definitely have a home somewhere. Turning all the humans in the game into non-human species was always the goal of this Anthro Characters mod so I figured this mod should be included in it or at least get a big mention along with the Player mod and other relevant ones. I'll check to see what all baby/toddler mods I have archived and that have been linked to in this thread and post them or links here if needed. Thanks a bunch for replying and being awesome and wanting to make the best mods possible! ^^

ninjakaami likes this.
                                        • ninjakaami

ninjakaami Void-Bound Voyager

Going back to the old Anthro Characters thread, it looks like the creator of the bear baby and toddler was @Kozomomo and tye Wolf ones are by @bulbaswat. I'm not sure if theyre still active to consent, but it would be nice to have permissions before hosting thier files. They'll definitely be given credit for them and I'll include links to the original file host locations as well.

Roskii Heiral likes this.