RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Swiftpaw22

Swiftpaw22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Welcome back and glad you're all safe!! <3

Thanks so much for the update, pawsomeness! Will try it out and let you know! ^n.n^

Hopefully the player mod is coming along, too, so we'll have a complete v1.5 furry Stardew Valley again like back in ye' olden times, before the dark ages came, lol.

Bonabopn likes this.
    • Swiftpaw22

Anthro Characters Continued working great so far in SV1.5! Thanks so much! ^^

• Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

I'm currently working on it actually! Rainrtw happen to have an upload done way back when and I'm waiting to hear back from him on whether I can actively manage a stand-alone nexus upload of my alpha version compatible with 1.5. It current utilizes nothing wholesale from their mod, but it is spliced up sheets with my own tail and some ear changes I made. If I don't hear back from them soon, I can instead do community posts that you can download here. So keep an eye out.

Swiftpaw22 likes this.
        • Swiftpaw22

Pawsomes! <3

What player mod is yours based on, or is it entirely your own creation?

Anthro Farmer Recontinued was what appeared to be the latest player mod, but it is stalled at the moment due to a problem with the Get Glam mod it relies on. I assume your mod isn't using Get Glam. Is it a file replacement mod, or does it use Content Patcher / SMAPI?

• Swiftpaw22

I did notice that the pic of the nose in Harvey's (doctor's) office is human again, so I assume that change was accidentally reverted or there is a compatibility problem?
            [​IMG]

• Krystedez

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2561
              This one looks the same, like the author here on chuckelfish just reupped it. I'll try my best to contact them but yeh, it has my own tail sprites now and afew other things I added of my own creation. I used the cat/wolf sprite sheets to frankestein something together :p

Mine also will not use Glam Mod or w.e the hell that is, I'd rather have less dependencies and just keep it simple (for now). I'll make new ones for additional species if the demand is there.

I rose the nose (lol) to the guys they will look into it and see if they can find what was added before.

bananna, Swiftpaw22 and Blanchard like this.
              • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Kryz let Gav and I know about this and Gav cobbled together a brand-new sprite that looks better than the old versions and isn't human. It should already be live here on Chucklefish and I'm in the process of uploading it to the Nexus. Thanks for popping in and letting us know.

Swiftpaw22 likes this.
                • Swiftpaw22

I assumed Get Glam offered some features or made things easier somehow for devs and/or players, but I'm not sure what, and until it's fixed, it's a mute point anyway. Fewer dependencies is certainly a nice feature, too! ^^

The nose is a small thing of course but I just remember how Blanchard and others helped get it patched previously. Thanks for reporting it! ^n.n^

A small thing, but helps with the overall polish. Thanks to you, Kryz, and Gav for helping fix it! ^n.n^

Will be able to play more into it but trying to get a working player mod first, and then will be able to share more findings here.

For the installation instructions, since it just says, "For the Content Patcher version install normally via Content Patcher.", should we expand on that to give full instructions for gamers who are new to Stardew Valley modding? Perhaps something like:

Too wordy? ^n.n^

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
                    Blanchard likes this.
                  • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

That's not a bad idea, I can work on updating that for the next release. If there isn't a bug fix or something before I finish the swaps then when the swaps are released.

• Swiftpaw22

Thanks! ^^

I used the moddrop link because I hate account-walled file downloads like nexusmods. It's nice that alternative options are provided for this mod. Thanks for that! ^^

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Small but important update today regarding some vanishing sprites that just went live. I've also updated the ReadMe with the template made by @Swiftpaw22 along with a credit to you.

Swiftpaw22 likes this.
                        • Swiftpaw22

Aww thanks Blanchard! Glad to be able to help with this finally if even in a small way! <3

Blanchard likes this.
                          • Krystedez

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7618

https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/furry-farmer.162485/

Hey ya'll, we got an updated nexus page for the anthro farmer mod now, I named it furry farmer to help with searches and also to differentiate. I'll be keepin up with Lacke on progress and slowly trying to gain footing back on the other species, but for now my focus will be this;

1. Keeping CP version of ACC alive (which shouldn't be hard, the guys are really good at keeping it up to date themselves)
                            2. Furry Children!
                            3. Furry...grandpa?
                            4. New Species for Anthro Farmer

If you guys want, I can FOCUS on the anthro farmer, but I need feed back on what people want. Let me know what you think!

Blanchard likes this.
                            • Swiftpaw22

Thanks again so much for helping with this! <3
                              Like this mod? I also have a bear and wolf cub mod that might have a website home out there somewhere still but haven't looked yet. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the existing efforts there. If any of these do need a new home, perhaps we could give them one here or elsewhere provided the creators were okay with that. Technically if you were to want to lump them in with either the villager mod (ACC) or the player mod (FF), I guess they should go with the player mod since, genetically speaking, they came from the player. Let me know if you're interested in them! ^n.n^
                              So I just confirmed the grandpa is human still/again in SV1.5 with the latest ACC. Didn't an older ACC make him non-human? I thought so but maybe he was never modified.

Moved FF comments to FF thread. ^^

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
                              • Kyora473

Kyora473 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
                              • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

Forgot to mention this but Gav reverted that change as he never did it and didn't like it. He wanted Grandpa anthropomorphizing to be relegated to folks who were tackling a player character anthro mod, as the base mod leaves the player character human and it doesn't surprise that the grandfather would also likely be human.

On a side note, the mod has been updated and the genderswaps should be live and working in about 15 minutes from the time of this post. I'm sure there will be bugs as this project is pretty huge for us to comb through and figure out, but hopefully it all works out for folks.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
                                • Midaychi

Midaychi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Code:
                                  11:10:47     ERROR     Event Repeater     Mod crashed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
                                  Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Can't parse JSON file at c:\steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\Anthro Characters Continued 1.5 - Content Patcher Version\Anthro Characters Continued 1.5\content.json. This doesn't seem to be valid JSON.
                                  Technical details: Invalid property identifier character: [. Path 'Format', line 3, position 1.
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Toolkit.Serialization.JsonHelper.ReadJsonFileIfExists[TModel](String fullPath, TModel& result) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Toolkit\Serialization\JsonHelper.cs:line 74
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentPack.ReadJsonFile[TModel](String path) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentPack.cs:line 76
                                     at EventRepeater.ModEntry.Entry(IModHelper helper) in E:\Stardew Vally Modding\EventRepeater\EventRepeater\ModEntry.cs:line 68
                                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, ContentCoordinator contentCore, ModDatabase modDatabase) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1457
                                  fixed by removing the spaces between the // section and making it "Changes": [ instead of "Changes": // stuff [
                                  Also I hate json now

Bonabopn likes this.
                                  • azziikko

azziikko Space Hobo

Had the same error, can confirm. Mods with loose text between "Changes" and the "[" which begins the mod contents throw errors with EventRepeater. When this text is removed, the error goes away. Same error was found with Furry Farmer mod. I'll post about that there.

• SenselessOddity

SenselessOddity Space Hobo

What species is Sam supposed to be?

• Sabs like "labs"

Sabs like "labs" Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you please update my credit to reflect my correct gender? My pronouns are she/her.

Bonabopn likes this.