RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

By the way, for those of us who don't want to replace files, will you make a content patcher version? I am not exactly sure how to make a Content Patcher mod, so I do not know how hard it would be.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes I'll get around to making one eventually.

• Blanchard

OK guys, here's the first of our gender-swaps; let me introduce you to Penny's genderswap, Perry!

[​IMG]

You can download him at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EO09EarwUDTJHBGp90as1TYqgbo9nG0w
        To install just extract the files from the .7z folder with any zip program, drag the Content folder into your Stardew Valley directory, and overwrite any files it asks you to. We would appreciate any testing or feedback people are willing to give. In particular please make note of any dialogue mis-matches when it comes to Perry's name or gender pronouns in reference to him. The more detail you can provide about the when, where, and doing what surrounding where you saw the incorrect words or sprites.

Doing these gender-swaps has been a real challenge but a fun one, and I'm hoping everything looks clear here as we slog on through making the rest of the marriage candidates gender-swapped. Thanks for your patience~

• Blanchard

I'm gonna update the mod within the next day or two with some of the latest additions. I'll let everyone know once I do.

• rainerman3

rainerman3 Void-Bound Voyager

Man, Perry looks really great! I'm looking forward to seeing Haley's genderswap added to the game since truthfully I really like her personality and the character development she gets in the game, but her being a... her always put me off really going with her, after this is done, I'll have no reason not to! Thanks for doing this guys.

Blanchard likes this.
            • bekalove

bekalove Void-Bound Voyager

love finally im sick of the boring old male bachelorette time to spice things upppppp :))))

Blanchard likes this.
              • Blanchard

Something I forgot to mention; just so people aren't blindsided by it, in order to do the marriage and baby events properly across all genders when using a gender-swap, I had to change the marriage scene dialogue to be gender-neutral, and all babies have to be adopted (this changes nothing but the display dialogue; the game doesn't treat adoptions differently from pregnancy, it's all just different dialogue displays). The reason is a bit technical but suffice to say this is the best I can do with the limitations of hard-coding.

I really wish I could have a better solution, but those marriage strings that reference stuff like "husband and wife" or the strings that check for your gender when it comes to pregnancy are hard-coded for each character, not the character's gender flag, and I have no way to change them without illegally distributing a cracked Stardew.exe. My gender-neutral solution is the absolute best we can do for now unless ConcernedApe changes how the game looks at these scenes in the .exe file. It shouldn't look strange in the game or anything, but I felt it was worth giving that heads-up.

• BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Are you going to add dialogue updates? The wizard says things about 'Human' and this mod is 'Anthro'. For example, the Wizard says, "It's only human to be afraid of the unknown". If you want, I have some, but I will need to tweak it up a little (Only because I haven't messed around with it in a while).

• Blanchard

Not for the many references to "human" or "humans". I did talk to Gav about this and we just sort of decided that "human" is used as a general term equivalent to "people" rather than as a specific species. I also plan on releasing the gender-swap dialogue as a separate mod and changing references like that would be kind of wonky. There's also quite a lot of human references that don't really make sense with another word in their place without bigger rewrites than I intended to do. I'd like to keep ConcernedApe's dialogue as un-changed as I can.

BlueSkyes likes this.
                    • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Hi again just dropping by to give an update to the seasonal outfits. Willy is also done but i really don't want to ruin the arrangement (some of them like Lewis, Linus and Shane only had very minimal changes like removed dithering and extra colors). Just a note here too that only characters who had outfits in the original mod have been drawn.

[​IMG]

i'm honestly seeing stuff on the portraits i should touch up already but i'm just gonna push until the sprite sheets are done and only then top off the edits

Hope you're having a good day

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
                      • BlueSkyes

BlueSkyes Star Wrangler

Woa... the way you un-dithered it makes it look like this mod was made for an older version (before release) of Stardew Valley o:

pizza margherita likes this.
                        • pizza margherita

pizza margherita Phantasmal Quasar

Oh that's pretty neat haha

Not a big fan of dithering myself when i do it but others can pull it off really well.

• Blanchard

There's been a delay with updating the mod, we're trying to find and fix one last bug before I update the base mod. Not sure how long it'll take but probably not super long.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Looking good! I'm actually really looking forward to this!
                              Also I think I forgot to mention this before I think but I had to alter Sebastian's sprite for my game because it bugged me that the bottom half of his face isn't the same color as his portrait :rofl: Just thought I'd point that out~

• cleverthorn

cleverthorn Void-Bound Voyager

Im drooling...

• foxmacro

foxmacro Void-Bound Voyager

aawesome mod

• cleverthorn

cleverthorn Void-Bound Voyager

Wish Alex had a sleeker face

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Try @Yogurl s version farther up in the thread~

• Blanchard

Well, we finally did it boys and girls. It took forever, but we now have all six of the female to male marriageable genderswaps live. Feel free to give them a spin and let me know what you think! We have each individual swap, one for Emily+Haley (Emil+Hayden), and one for all six so you can have a full marriageable males Stardew. We also updated the mod with many fixes and updates from Gaveliere, as well as added the updates from @BlueSkyes which are appreciated. I also finally updated the main post to clean some stuff up which is long overdue.

Let me know if you run into any problems, and have fun~ (And show @Gaveliere some love <3)

stardew genderbend ftm.png

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
                                        • Blanchard

The female -> male genderswap mod has been updated. We fixed Hayden's walk sprite, so if you used any of the version that contained the Haley -> Hayden genderswap please re-download and re-install. I added some clearer instructions as well.