1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Another 'Join Failed' Multiplayer Thread

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by whimsicalWastrel, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whimsicalWastrel

whimsicalWastrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey all. Having some issues connecting to a server on my local network. I was able to play only days ago with no problem but now it gives me an error that says: "Join failed! Error connecting to '[IP address]:21025' (NetworkException) cannot connect to [IP address]:21025: A"

We've tried everything. The person who runs the server can still connect just fine (it's only me and them) but we've double checked router port forwarding, firewall port forwarding, IPs, ports, etc. and we're completely out of ideas.

We /did/ recently have some network outages recently, but I was playing during the outages and though it (obviously) booted me out when we lost internet, I was always able to reconnect. Until now. Not sure if that's relevant, but it's the only reason I can think why it was working only a couple days ago but isn't now...

I've Googled the problem multiple times and I'm going to plunge into the recent threads here to see if I can find a fix, but just in case some generous soul sees this before I find one I'd be grateful for any help I could get.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

In a local network i'd recommend using the local ip's instead. The log looks like you're connecting via the public ip. Depending on your ISP the public IP might change now and then and it might be the case here.

3. whimsicalWastrel

whimsicalWastrel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, thanks for the reply. How would I go about finding that IP?

Nevermind, problem solved! Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2018
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Glad i could help. :nuruhappy:,

Marking as resolved and closing the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.