TV/Film Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 15, 2015.

1. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

3rev.tsol_urenaik Phantasmal Quasar

Not even remotely surprised at this. Still the ending of the movie was interesting...

Though now that Brotherhood is done I kinda wish for a 2003 and Brotherhood crossover movie... that would be interesting.

2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

it just felt fanpandering idk
    i'd watch a crossover movie though

3. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

Not surprising... thanks to the two animes having different storylines and endings, it's not wrong to wonder how they'll interact with each other.

4. rhomboid

especially since it was established that there can be 'alternate' universes
    i think
    i don't rmemeber the first one well

5. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

Well unlike Brotherhood there were lots of screwy and f***** things in the first anime so it's not a surprise.

Also I can't help but say that Wrath King Bradley is nothing compared to his 2003 Pride King Bradley counterpart...

6. rhomboid

i don't even remember all the different sins from the first one e_e i think i remember greed, and i remember lust and gluttony since they're basically the same... and bradly obv. but that's it.

7. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

Well Sloth is Ed and Al's mistake and Wrath is their alchemy teacher's mistake. And Greed did not exist in the 2003 continuity.

Basically Sloth is Ed an Al's mother who could turn her body into liquid, and Wrath is Izumi Kurti's son who is practically a humonculus version of Crazy Diamond but can also use alchemy... And comparing them to their manga/brotherhood counterparts... Well let's say their counterparts are screwed in that regard.

8. rhomboid

i did a draw. i don't know where else to put it.
    viral.png viral is best girl.

9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Cool art is cool..as always! [​IMG]

rhomboid likes this.
  10. Whoopsy. Looks like I was late for the thread's reopening.
    [​IMG]
    Currently Watching:
    • Yuru Yuri S3 (Ending next week. ;-; )
    • Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- (See above.)
    • Shomin Sample (See above. Generic, but entertaining. Great if you're into legs.)
    • One-Punch Man (Ending tomorrow, but there's the 6 OVAs to look forward to at least.)
    • Asterisk War (Ended today. Gotta watch the final episode then wait for the next season in spring.)
    • Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Halfway there!)
    • Yo-Kai Watch (Got into this after playing the game. Some episodes are repetitive, but it's all in good fun. Addicting OP.)
    Planning to Watch / Continue:
    • Steins;Gate (Put this one off for awhile due to busyness.)
    • A Certain Magical Index (Same as Steins;Gate.)
    • Heavy Object (Gonna watch after Index.)
    • Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere (Watched first episode, put on hold for a bit. Need to continue.)
    • Monogatari Series
    • Grenadier (Recommended by a friend.)
    • My-HIME (See above.)
    • Log Horizon S2 (Halfway there. Put on hold. Hesitant to pick up again due to negative opinions on the latter half.)
    • Chivalry of a Failed Knight (Watched like two episodes. Put on hold.)
    Looking Forward to:
    • AssClass S2
    • GATE S2
    • Shokugeki no Soma S2
    • Kiznaiver (T R I G G E R)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Roubo and Crossfang like this.
  11. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

Gate made me very mad when they suddenly decided "LETS MAKE THIS 2 SEASONs WITH SUCH AN IRRITATING ENDING FOR SEASON 1 YAY!!!!!!!!!"
    But lets face it,
    we all know Itami is gonna help

12. I dunno, I thought it was a pretty good spot to end it at. I'm just glad it's continuing.
    Don't even need to mention it. THAT is a given lol.

13. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Is GATE good? What is wrong rating of that anime from 10?

14. I gave it a 9/10 on MAL. It's around that number for me anyways.

The anime's entertaining if you like seeing medieval fantasy folk getting absolutely wrecked by modern weaponry. Kinda like observing a one-sided battle of those civilization games. Main character's also a riot.
    [​IMG]

The show does have its flaws, however. The manga is apparently pretty violent and has more sensitive subject material involved, whereas in the anime the most you'll get injury-wise is a few minor scratches and implied deaths off-screen. It's kinda jarring, to say the least. Definitely the biggest offender for me. There's also the "Every country but Japan has ulterior motives" shtick going on, but I'm not too bothered by that honestly.

And for future reference, the ending of this season stops at a point setting up for the second season's plot coming out next month.

Crossfang likes this.
  15. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

[​IMG]

Just kidding, If you guys haven't watched KLK or Psycho Pass I would highly suggest it :nuruhappy:

rhomboid and Dragonith like this.
  16. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

So the end of OPM..... Well it was good, awesome even... but how it ended the anime/season...

*sigh*

I wonder what will replace it. I really hope it would be JJBA Part 4 Diamond is Unbreakable...

17. Space Hebrew

Space Hebrew Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Jojo Part 4 is looking great.

18. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

HYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pv dood!!!!

19. rhomboid

klk is my motherfuckin JAM

Crossfang, Dragonith and SleepySquidd like this.
  20. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I have some bad news for you.
    Legend off Legendary Heroes ends before season 1 is even over.
    The Author got sick - inbetween.