TV/Film Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

[​IMG] omfg
    [​IMG] jfc
    [​IMG] brb laughing forever

Crossfang likes this.
  2. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Nice! Muhaha! [​IMG]

By the way,, who's your favorite character from the series?

For me, besides
    [​IMG]

Ougi Oshino

My other favorite character is

[​IMG]

Shinobu aka Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade

I'm not a loli.. And she's old. So it doesn't count.
    I simply like her because she is a unique vampire with a nice background story. And.. she loves donuts [​IMG]

rhomboid likes this.
  3. rhomboid

also [​IMG]
    2cute
    2vicious

Crossfang likes this.
  4. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Agreed! She also looks beautiful in her adult form,which I prefer.

I also like it when Araragi teases her. She looks cuter and innocent. [​IMG]

5. rhomboid

i confess it's been well over 2 years since i watched any of the monogataris so i don't remember them too well. i listen to the ops regularly though because they're pretty enjoyable.

6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I sometimes rewatch them... Maybe after 5-6 months. The story is great! You can see each character's progress. I also love there witty dialogs.

Did you know that this anime is based on a light novel?

7. rhomboid

it's to the point where i just assume most anime is based on light novels, but i'm shit at reading so i only bother with the ones i'm rly invested in... which has been 1 so far and 1 more on my list >>

Crossfang likes this.
  8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Most anime are based on manga, silly.

Let me guess, ...........it's SAO [​IMG]

9. rhomboid

nah lol, mahouka. the one i'm going to read when i finish mahouka is baccano, and if it hasn't been 30 years by then i'll try drrr as well

10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Wow, I got it wrong.. I thought it's SAO.. you give 10 points to both season which is ridiculous .
    Baccano, damn I never watched it .. is it good? Don't spoil meh! just answer with yesh or no.

And Drrr... So many characters ,yet they manage to pull it off. It's one of my top anime.

11. rhomboid

mm, sao is really nice because the characters are pretty whatever and the anime did not do a lot of worldbuilding, but it makes so many excellent points about the line between reality and virtual, as well as the importance of being able to support technology even if people use it badly, and just a lot of other really real nice points in the same vein. plus it's fun to watch~~ overall, i think that even if it's not the most well done anime (it's still pretty good) it's an important anime, which is why it got my 10 score.
    baccano is fucking amazing. maybe hard to get into for the first few episodes but it's really an incredible anime.
    baccano and drrr were written by the same person, and where drrr is a study on what it means to be a character, baccano is a study on what it means to be a story. just exquisite.

12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

This is the answer that I want. Thanks!

And for SAO.... First season, I loved it... But the 2nd season became trash. ( I finished until the end.I just don't want to leave a gap when watching something)

One anime can top SAO's genre.. It's Log Horizon
    If you compare those two, it's really different.
    SAO is a serious rpg genre and the thing that you've said about it. Log Horizon is fun, it has a deep and detailed information in RPG itself, more action.

13. rhomboid

shrug i tend to watch media for the ideas they present rather than the characters involved, which grinds a lot of my friends' gears. typically i rly don't care about characters or character arcs, and i can't really appreciate character-driven works. there are some exceptions, like drrr and sherlock, for instance, but most of the time i prefer hearing what point the media is trying to make about something. i'll check log horizon out though ^^ ...because my to-watch list wasn't long enough already eue

Crossfang likes this.
  14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

You will never ran out of anime.. There is always something to be watched.

Roubo likes this.
  15. rhomboid

my life ;-;

Crossfang likes this.
  16. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

Oh man, saw Voltes V mentioned. I just know it from Super Robot Wars, although in those, I always preferred to use Combattler V when available. Although, it was more likely that I just left both in storage.
    Also, mecha show OPs are the best, especially around the 70's/80's.

Also, now I watched Digimon Adventure: Our War Game. Pretty good movie and pretty great visually, especially in the internet scenes. Was nice to watch it again, since I haven't seen it since I was in like fourth grade!
    (hasn't watched any of the previously mentioned stuff all the way so going on own tangents

Crossfang likes this.
  17. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

3rev.tsol_urenaik Phantasmal Quasar

Now I wish I have a PS3.... and as always an anime adaptation of a game fails.

You talking about brotherhood or the Shambala movie?

So true....

You do know that Ideon is one of the most depressing shows ever right?

In any case Our War Game is where Omnimon first debuted I believe....

18. krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

Eeeyep. I've been meaning to watch it at some point, but I've got enough on my plate as it is. And despite the whole literally everyone dying part, it's got a pretty great OP, you've gotta admit.

And yep, Omnimon made his debut in this. The artstyle in the scene was pretty cool, too.
    [​IMG]

19. 3rev.tsol_urenaik

3rev.tsol_urenaik Phantasmal Quasar

That's true... And to be absolutely fair Ideon is still the number one all time powerful super robot that even the likes of the Getter Robo (Emperor) and Gurren Langann (Tengen) could only dream about.

The screencap you posted does not do it justice ya know.

20. rhomboid

brotherhood
    i didn't like the shambala movie.