Modding Help Animation Help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by KTarek, Dec 7, 2016.

1. KTarek

KTarek Orbital Explorer

So I'm relatively new to Starbound, but I have a bit of experience in coding, and as such I'm trying to mod the game and make my own race.

As such, this particular race requires a custom sleeping animation. I've looked through the source files and can't find anything to replace or modify. It seems pretty simple to do: replace an animation in the /humanoid/ directory, bam, done; but the only things I found were the Bed scripts and the universal sleep status effect animation (which, I can't find other files that call on it).

Is there a way for me to do this? Can I add a new series of animations in the main /humanoid/ directory for the race, can I accomplish this a different way (like a Lua script), or is this something I currently can't accomplish?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

No - the sleeping animation is essentially - the character rotated.
    Certain things cannot be changed.

At best you can hide the character completely - and have the object change to a custom sprite.

3. KTarek

KTarek Orbital Explorer

Alright, thanks. Though, there is a slight sleeping animation other than the head turned: The closed eyes.
    Is that an emote that I'm not seeing that's turned sideways, or is it something else?

4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think this is the blink emote

5. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

You could always try to repurpose the climb animation like Kawa did, all the armors have the frames already there and all you'd have to do is to modify the .frames for the body, and that should be it. You can always go give felins a look, because I might be wrong.