Modding Help Animated Weapon

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ecafymtoohs, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Ecafymtoohs

Ecafymtoohs Big Damn Hero

So, I've been working on an animated weapon for basically the whole of today, and I feel that I've come pretty close to being able to do it. But I've come to a point where the item, exists, can be held, swung and has an icon, but the only problem is that the item itself doesn't appear in the player's hand.

I've gone over so much already, and looked at animations in the bow to bet the frames and stuff, but it was to no avail. I'm hoping that someone who knows the answer to my problem can help me with it.
    I've attached the files via a link to google drive (both a WinRAR and a 7 Zip version) to this thread in the hopes that someone, somewhere will be able to help me.

Kind regards, Ecaf'mtoohs

Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1457oUlNlMOAJE4E4zGTecEnnSsKkOmAk?usp=sharing

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I'm not an expert, but id say your problem is right here

"scripts" : ["/items/active/weapons/melee/meleeweapon.lua"],

Animated swords are "energy" swords. I have a tutorial on making custom animated swords if you want to look at it.

Also, your frames file has no names for anything. Which is another issue. Your animation file calls for 4 states which are idle, fire, fire2 and fire3 but none of these are defined in your frames file.

3. Ecafymtoohs

Ecafymtoohs Big Damn Hero

Thanks for your reply, @projectmayhem!
    I'll take a look at that tutorial of yours and see if it can help me with this. Thank you!