1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Animal Sitter via ModDrop Uninstall crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by DaffyWench, Apr 22, 2017.

1. DaffyWench

DaffyWench Yeah, You!

HI HI!

I've run into a problem that I'm not sure how to resolve. If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!

I loaded Animal Sitter thru a Mod Manager called ModDrop. I never really had occasion to use it, and recently decided to uninstall it, at which point I got a critical failure and StarDew Valley won't load at all. So I tried to reinstall it and got an access error. I don't know if this is ModDrop's problem,or SMAPI or something that you're aware of as a result of attempting to uninstall the mod. I tried to restore to a save point but ran into the same access error. If anyone has any idea what's happening I'd appreciate being pointed in a direction. I have no problem deleting my saved game and starting over because I'm just in "trying out the mods" mode, but the game itself isn't loading thru SMAPI.. LOL
    troubleshooting steps I've taken already:
    1. Reinstalled Animal Sitter. Crashed (Critical Failure on Load)
    2. Restored to last save point. Crashed. (Critical Failure on Load)
    3. downloaded new files from Nexus Mods, reinstalled new files, Crashed. (Critical Failure on Load)
    4. Opened StarDew Valley outside of SMAPI. Game runs without issue.
    5. Tried changing Mod Load order. Critical Failure.

Here's the error log:

[19:44:02 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 1.9 with Stardew Valley 1.11 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    [19:44:02 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
    [19:44:02 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading SMAPI...
    [19:44:02 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading game...
    [19:44:02 DEBUG SMAPI] Loading mods...
    [19:44:02 INFO SMAPI] Loaded All Crops All Seasons by cantorsdust & community, v1.3 | Allows crops to be planted and grown during any season.
    [19:44:02 ERROR SMAPI] The game encountered a fatal error:
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AnimalSitter' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 345
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.StartGame() in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Program.cs:line 258
    [19:44:02 INFO SMAPI] Game has ended. Press any key to exit.

• DaffyWench

DaffyWench Yeah, You!

Update: I tried accessing the mod folder and got an authorization error requiring administrative privileges(which I have), and tried to delete it and got the same error.