RELEASED Animal Husbandry Mod (former Butcher Mod) [v2.4.1]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Oct 9, 2017.

1. mewylla

mewylla Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks it's works :)

I think i'll throw the "corrupted price" meat and use Itemspawner to give the same amount

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Do you still have the log?
      Every time your game crashes like that, get the log and upload it: https://log.smapi.io/
      It easier to now that happened and what caused it.

About the Meat Wand problem. Does it change when the day changes or do it just change really fast when you wake up?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i do not have the log, when it closed down my game i lost the log as well

the wand changes when the day changes and stays whichever one it lands on all day(as far as i can tell)

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

The link I gave you has instructions on how to get the log. The last log is saved in a folder, you can get it even when your game crashes.

Do you have any other mods that could have edited the tools? I'm not able to reproduce the meat wand problem, but that might be some conflict.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

In theory, you can keep the new price item in the inventory and when you add the "corrupted price", it will just add to the stack.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

dude, i am telling you it took the log. i am sure you noticed that i already sent you a log previously and so it would stand to reason that i know how to find the log. it is blank and so it has no information i can send to you

i'm not sure what could do it, other than the artisan goods mod none of my mods affect inventory or inventory sprites in any way. if it makes a difference i did not notice a problem with it until the day after the first time i used the wand

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Sorry, I meant no offense when asking. I guess you also know it that SMAPI save crashes in a different file on the same folder. Maybe we should report it to Pathos.

I remember long ago someone reported a similar problem with the wand but I don't remember if it was solved or the person just never returned with more info.
                I looked into the last log you posted, and from that log, Animal Husbandry is the only mod intercepting 'TileSheets\tools', if you didn't installed other mods that intercept it after that, I have no clue of that is happening.
                My mod should intercept it only once, when it loads the new tools. If the soft-mode is enabled, it uses an offset for the start position of the sprites, and save it on the MeatCleaver object. Unless something is causing the MeatCleaver object to unload, it should never change. And even so, it would only revert back to the meat cleaver sprite, never back to the wand when changing days.
                I can think of some changes I can make to the code that could fix this problem, but without being able to reproduce it, it is really difficult to be sure.
                I will keep looking into it with the info you provided.

Sorry for the troubles the mod is causing you.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

@Zosa
                  Looked for the person that reported the wand problem before, and it was a different problem that was solved, it would happen only with the letter.
                  Tried to reproduce it using the steps you said but couldn't.
                  So, when that happen again, just after you load the day, get the log and post here. I want to see if this 'intercepted TileSheets\tools' appears more than once in the log.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'm sorry too, i got a bit bitey there, huh? i should have stayed calm and not have assumed you were being patronizing. i know your end-goal is to make the best mod possible with the fewest errors

well, now that i know it can happen i can open up all the necessary stuff so i can quickly grab the information before it wipes clear. it might have to wait a bit though, i am resting today since tomorrow i have to do about 5 hours of driving in moderate to heavy traffic and it's going to be +35 degrees and sunny

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Analyzing you log, it seems to be something with Korbus.
                      Code:
                      06:40:34     TRACE     LookupAnything     Received a lookup request... searching the world...
                      06:40:34     TRACE     LookupAnything     Showing CharacterSubject::Villager::Krobus.
                      06:40:53     ERROR     SMAPI     An error occured in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                         at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                         at StardewValley.NPC.tryToReceiveActiveObject(Farmer who) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 1073
                         at StardewValley.NPC.checkAction(Farmer who, GameLocation l) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 1424
                         at StardewValley.GameLocation.<>c__DisplayClass200_0.<checkAction>b__0() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3971
                         at StardewValley.ModHooks.OnGameLocation_CheckAction(GameLocation location, Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who, Func`1 action) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ModHooks.cs:line 13
                         at StardewValley.GameLocation.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3947
                         at StardewValley.Locations.Sewer.checkAction(Location tileLocation, Rectangle viewport, Farmer who) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Sewer.cs:line 120
                         at tryToCheckAt_Patch1(Vector2 grabTile, Farmer who)
                         at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 7678
                         at StardewValley.Game1.<>c__DisplayClass646_0.<UpdateControlInput>b__0() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9895
                         at StardewValley.ModHooks.OnGame1_UpdateControlInput(KeyboardState& keyboardState, MouseState& mouseState, GamePadState& gamePadState, Action action) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\ModHooks.cs:line 11
                         at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 9483
                         at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2312
                         at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                      06:41:22     TRACE     LookupAnything     Received a lookup request... searching the world...
                      06:41:22     TRACE     LookupAnything     Showing CharacterSubject::Villager::Krobus.
                      Did you try to gift something to Korbus?
                      It seems the game didn't find the object.

After that, the game will give some error when trying to save:
                      Code:
                      06:58:53     ERROR     game     System.IndexOutOfRangeException
                      06:58:53     TRACE     game     Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                      06:58:53     TRACE     game        at StardewValley.Dialogue.parseDialogueString(String masterString) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 296
                         at StardewValley.Dialogue..ctor(String masterDialogue, NPC speaker) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Dialogue.cs:line 216
                         at StardewValley.NPC.tryToRetrieveDialogue(String preface, Int32 heartLevel, String appendToEnd) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2329
                         at StardewValley.NPC.loadCurrentDialogue() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2194
                         at StardewValley.NPC.get_CurrentDialogue() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 244
                         at StardewValley.Game1.warpCharacter(NPC character, GameLocation targetLocation, Vector2 position) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6407
                         at StardewValley.NPC.dayUpdate(Int32 dayOfMonth) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 3697
                         at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5488
                         at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__511_1() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5125
                         at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
                         at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
                      06:58:53     ERROR     SMAPI     An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                         at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1835
                         at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                      After that the game will loop over this same error until it crashes.
                      This errors have something to do with dialogs.
                      When the game saves it tries to "update" its NPCs states and ends up calling some dialog methods.
                      Since you have dialog mods, I would try to remove those to see if it fix the problem.

I don't think Animal Husbandry is directly causing this crash as it does not change npc dialogs.

Did the problem with the wand happen on this tests?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i did but i give something to krobus twice a week every week(horseradish void eggs or pumpkin), i've not had an issue with gifting to him before though. for sure i'd rather not remove those mods as i've had them in consistently since i started playing the game back in june. and yes, i was having issues with the wand though since the crash it has stayed a cleaver(i haven't used it or even moved it from my storage bin since the crash though so that may have contributed to it not having issues), also after the crash the feeding basket stopped being buggy(before it would have a very hard time being put down so the chooks could eat from it). i thought the bugginess was part of the mod's nature but now that it works 100% of the time i am wondering what is different. also i did change animal chooser out for faster grass two in-game days after the crash(it did not affect anything)

-edit-
                        also as this is a more stable save than the last one i am going to go ahead and overwrite that save for this one(that is i can't keep going back to spring1)

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

do the meats have a point rating on the grange display?

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

They are a different category. (-14)
                            But I don't know how the grange code is implemented. Maybe it only give different category points for specific ones. But since they are really expensive and can go up to iridium start, even if they don't give 1 point for category, they can be an easy way to get all the other points.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, fair :rofl: i just don't invest in animal stock so this is my first time trying for it, i was hoping i wouldn't have to keep buying animal stuff from the art X'''D

• Skyzrielle

Skyzrielle Space Hobo

Silly question, but how do you put the food inside the treat basket? I feel super silly

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

the same way you equip bait to the pole, you pick up the food hover over the basket and right-click

Digus and Skyzrielle like this.
                                  • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Was the syringe with you?
                                    Was it storage in a chest? Where was the chest?

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Its inside a chest, aye.
                                      The chest is.. probably 3-5 squares away to the right from spouse resting area.