AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Is there any chance of having this version available again? (Or am I just blind?) I'm a really big fan of the removal of most of the ponds but the initial grassy features up top were really pleasant to me so I'd like to retain that!
    Also this is just out there but have you considered making most of the farmable dirt tillable grass? Especially in the forest having less ponds + more green overall (that can be dug) would really put it into a nice place!

Great work btw :3

[​IMG]

• AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, just posted the new version of that one;

upload_2016-10-8_18-29-24.png
      In the original post, go to the Drier Farm mod's listing for the Forest Farm; click on the spoiler to get the list of submods.
      In that list, you'll find this map under "Ornate Pond".

I have actually secretly uploaded all the Drier Farm individual links except for the last two that I'm still working on; was waiting to post an update notice until I got them and the full collective mod done & up.

rswhisper likes this.
      • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Thanks so much! The massive amounts of ponds were screwing with my design layout so definitely love your edit~

• AngryCat

As another warning, I don't know what's going wrong with my computer/editor at the moment, but I currently can't access the "paths" tilesheet at the moment, meaning that some of the maps currently have blank places where the ponds were replaced instead of my usual covering-up work. Right now, I want to finish getting the maps out, so I will go back to them to touch them up with grass, stones, sticks, weeds, etc, for those who don't like the current partial nakedness.

rswhisper likes this.
          • metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

You said to request it so, when you have time, could you do the version of the forest ornate pond with the full greenery?

AngryCat likes this.
            • AngryCat

Here you go!

upload_2016-10-8_19-39-48.png

• AngryCat

Drier Farms now up for SDV 1.11

Will start on the Dehydrated farm maps in a bit, short break for dinner.
                Worst case, I have no [Canadian] Thanksgiving plans so I'll be at the computer both tomorrow and Monday.

rswhisper and DanRowan like this.
                • Peyelle

Peyelle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are really nice?? if you don't mind requests... could you do the wilderness farm with the back border straightened out/ made even? you can leave the odd bit sticking out on the left of the map!
                  edit:
                  specifically, the one leaving the lake in the bottom left of the map as the body of water! :>

honestly even if you don't, thank you anyway for making these maps. the wilderness one (and all of them, honestly) you've already made is pretty darn fantastic. I hope you have a lovely [Canadian] Thanksgiving! :)

• DanRowan

DanRowan Void-Bound Voyager

Really like the lake and shipping pond versions of the wilderness map however the shipping pond seems to have a few problems haha shipping box seems to be disemboweled and there are a few straggling plants in the upper right corner but other then that it looks great! Do you still plan on adding a fishing pier to the lake version of the wilderness map? I think it would really make it look great. Thanks again for all your hard work I love your maps.
                    [​IMG]

• AngryCat

Metalax, I'm so sorry, dear, but it looks like I initially uploaded the wrong file; here is the right one for your request.

I could certainly give it a try, sure :)

Yes, that's probably tied with the one layer / tilesheet that isn't cooperating with me at the moment; I'll try messing with those again after a reboot. That seemed to fix it the last time it did this to me

rswhisper likes this.
                      • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Do you mind if I tweak the map you made that's just the ornate pond? I'm trying to combine the mining + forest maps into one map!

• AngryCat

If you do, please post the results! :)

I rather wanted to do something similar myself once I have more energy, except with the mining + wilderness maps

rswhisper likes this.
                          • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Of course~ Thank you for the permission! I'm tinkering right now with recreating the mini island cliff on the right of the map because I wanted a shed there in the forest map but it didn't look nearly as good as mining.. it works really well with the placement of the pond so far as well~

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

You guys are awesome for making so many options for us, thank you!

AngryCat likes this.
                              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Moving the shipping box cannot be done without a SMAPI mod, as the lid is controlled by code rather then the map.

• Badir

Badir Big Damn Hero

Awesome work you are doing. <3

Are you planning on doing the standard farm map without the cliff that intruded on the left side of the map and without the ponds? Like that:

[​IMG]

• AngryCat

Yes, that is one of the third mod, [being renamed to] Renovated.
                                    Effectively, the phases are:
                                    1. Reduce maps to 1 water source - Dried Farms
                                    2. Eliminate water sources - Dehydrated Farms
                                    3. Clear up more farming space by way of cliff removal, intentional grass trimming, etc - Renovated Farms

rswhisper likes this.
                                    • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

These are awesome, I love what you did with the River map, it's my fave but putting barns and coops was a little difficult with the limited space. You should think about seeing if they can be put on the Stardew Valley planner

• AngryCat

Hmm, I've never used it. If people would like them there, I can probably be bothered to submit them to it.

rswhisper and tinkerbelljln like this.
                                        • tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

I definitely want them there! It's a lot easier to figure out where stuff is going, the map is so big and you can't see the whole thing, I love the planner. I hope more people agree with me!