AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. teeLcee

teeLcee Aquatic Astronaut

Will do!:confirm: Thanks a bunch.:DD

AngryCat likes this.
    • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you so much for this! I hate having to play with the ponds on my farm, I got so used to my old map edit. :p

AngryCat likes this.
      • AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In an unprecedented turn of events, I think I actually really like what I've done with the Hill-Top farm. After much experimentation, I present:

upload_2016-10-7_1-28-45.png

...but unfortunately, that darker soil isn't useful for farming.

rswhisper likes this.
        • 2Scribble

2Scribble Void-Bound Voyager

Think of it as a quick way to get around... or add random spawnables like trees and stuff to it? Or copy the foregables from the Forest map and they can spawn in the... uh... canyon... trench... thing lol

• AngryCat

Yep, playing with spawnables at the moment, to see if I can get the mining things to appear down there. Then will try foragables; no idea how either really work, though, so fingers crossed that something works, lol. Otherwise, I'll just end up loading it down with stones.

Also - Riverbed ;)

rswhisper and 2Scribble like this.
            • 2Scribble

Well this is already the mining map - so just think of it as a riverbed mining area... uh... expansion... :p people were complaining the mining area wasn't big enough - well, now it is lol

That sounded better in my head <-<

AngryCat likes this.
              • AngryCat

Not much luck so far. Seeing if I can add another tilesheet to the map, to get it to work, before just giving up and loading the riverbed with stones...

• AngryCat

upload_2016-10-7_2-48-30.png

Okay, so, changing the riverbed to the same soil as the rest, it's 100% less cool, but usable and the final effect isn't too bad (aside from needing to clean up the lefthand side still)

rswhisper, DanRowan and 2Scribble like this.
                  • 2Scribble

Do what you can with what you've got -nod-

• AngryCat

Dried Up Farms v1.1 released, adding Hill-Top Farm with dried up riverbed

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Unfortunately it already needs to be updated for 1.11

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anything broke with 1.11 update? i'm sure it'll help if you say what's broken.
                          Always Be descriptive about what caused the issue when reporting mod error, they can't help you if you just yell "hey it's broke" or "hey it need to be updated" etc
                          I myself can not say anything since i haven't played SDV after 1.11 update yet [@ office can't play]

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

1.11 changed each map so things like the pond in the center of the map are back. When I say it needs to be updated for 1.11 I mean that literally everything needs to be updated.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Just add the `Diggable` = `T` property to the darker soil, and it can be farmed on.

• Xaaci

Xaaci Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uhh you just need to copy your mod back to game folder. and it'll work, since every update will restore every file that you change, so for non-SMAPI mod (like this one or every other mod out there that change game file) you need to paste it back to game folder again..

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

The patch actively changed properties on the farm so just rolling back doesn't apply the new updates added in. Just rolling back means you can't build on grass or that fish won't spawn in the lake for Wilderness for instance. THAT is why it needs to be updated. Patches don't just reset map files unless they actually add something to said map file.

• 2Scribble

Cider's right

• Farm bulidings can now be placed in more areas, including on grass.
                                    • All the new farm maps now provide some kind of fishing opportunity, although the Riverlands farm is still superior
                                    • The Riverlands farm now has the potential to spawn splashing fish nodes and ore panning nodes.
                                    • On the Riverlands and Forest maps, some bushes can be destroyed with an upgraded axe
                                    • Digging spots now appear on the Farm, although less frequent as elsewhere. The Hill-Top farm quarry also has a chance of spawning them.
                                    • Slime Egg prices increased (green to 1000g, blue to 1750g, red to 2500g, purple to 5000g)
                                    • Placing a Wicked Statue in a slime hutch prevents the witch from cursing it.
                                    • Mutant Bug Lair now replenishes itself a bit each day.
                                    • On the Forest map, forage items have a chance to spawn on any grassy area, not just in the west.
                                    All the maps have been updated; but the Forest farm has been HUGELY updated - including the ability to build on the grass and the ability to wipe out the menace of the bushes. If the map as it is doesn't bother you - just re-apply the modded file. But if you want the new features you'll have to go with the default for a while until the mod is updated again.

• XxhexerxX

XxhexerxX Phantasmal Quasar

I honestly wanted to scream upon seeing CA release 1.11, the hours I've spent slaving over tIDE, have just gone to the dustbin.
                                      Gotta re-do everything from scratch again, since I like the new features. *sigh*

Any idea if he'll be updating the farm files again?

• AngryCat

It's alright; today's a heavy class day, but I'll go through and re-dry up all the farms for both versions once I am free.

Where/how do I do this?

rswhisper and DanRowan like this.
                                        • Dragoest

Dragoest Void-Bound Voyager

I love the adjustment of most all the maps.. now if I can get this and maybe cut some of the over grown green grass that blocks most of the useful land like on the riverland or forest maps...
                                          Still glad to see the new maps getting adjusted. keep up the great work.