AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And from my second version, I now have my first Extended Map attempt ready for testing!

upload_2016-11-10_2-48-45.png

I kept the original warp points, working in some effects for the southern one;

upload_2016-11-10_2-37-33.png

In light of having more farm area south of the exit, I decided it should be a little less typical.
    As such, I put in this little guy, in the center of a fairy circle of sorts. Just follow his path!

upload_2016-11-10_2-38-35.png
    Tadaa! Correct exit!

upload_2016-11-10_2-38-51.png
    Re-entrance slight off from the path, but, eh, cosmetics.

The eastern entrance doesn't quite get the full effect I was hoping for;
    upload_2016-11-10_2-42-0.png
    upload_2016-11-10_2-42-12.png
    upload_2016-11-10_2-42-25.png

Which was to look like you were ducking into a tunnel entrance of sorts.
    Might have to revisit that at some point if I find something that creates that effect better.
    For now, it's functional.

I also made it so that the full use of the farm is staggered;

upload_2016-11-10_2-39-34.png
    upload_2016-11-10_2-40-46.png
    upload_2016-11-10_2-41-14.png

I have been reconsidering one detail;

upload_2016-11-10_2-44-5.png

As of right now, you can't reach the mining area early game. I don't know how much of a negative effect that has.

Also, it's not anyone's imagination; upload_2016-11-10_2-44-50.png
    upload_2016-11-10_2-45-13.png

The entire farmland is, intentionally, VERY overgrown.
    Personal taste thing, I quite like it that way.

Oh, and for those who noticed the little pond is gone/moved;
    upload_2016-11-10_3-1-39.png

I thought I'd make it available for testing, for any volunteers - I do request you share any bugs/oddities you encounter with me, so I can work them out prior to publishing.
    Download it Here if you are interested. (It's a rar file, you need to extract the xnb to use it)

As a note, there are a few things that I already noted from my initial personal testing:

-The spot in the last screenshot causes a minor clipping issue if you have a tree or similar in the spot to the left of the stones (and the tree still there)
    -It takes a LONG time to load, and may claim to stop responding; do not panic, it does recover and finish loading. This is likely a result of the size.

Attached Files:

foghorn likes this.
    • AngryCat

upload_2016-11-13_23-34-3.png
      Extended Standard map! Grab it here if you'd like to test it out prior to the Extended Farms mod release.

I'm still working with this one for conceptual reasons; currently, my thought is that you found more fertile area in a cavern along the southern cliff face of your farm.
      I've been debating adding the tile sheet from the cave to make it look more like one, rather than its current "valley" type setup.

As I warned in the previous extended map:
      It takes a LONG time to load, and may claim to stop responding; do not panic, it does recover and finish loading. This is likely a result of the size.

Additional note, I've only done minimal testing on the extended maps (mostly just checking that the warp points still work), so the following details are unknown:

-Can trees/grass/etc naturally spawn there?
      -Can buildings be constructed in the new area?
      -Can you have animals in that area?

I do know you should be able to plant and grow everything normally.
      Oh, once you can clear it. I didn't include a view of it, but the area is very overgrown (lots of grass, I'm a fiend for the stuff). There are also stumps, logs, and large rocks preventing you from being able to access all of the new area at once - you need to get the appropriate upgrades to unlock more of it.
      Bright side, more hardwood once you can?

Attached Files:

• AngryCat

Secondary note:
        The extended mining map was 1.5x both down and to the right;
        The extended standard map was 2x straight down.

I haven't decided which seems better yet. The x2 in one direction was definitely a LOT easier to keep everything critical (warp points, certain terrain features, etc) working, and is technically a bit smaller so it doesn't lag as badly when loading it up the first time.

On the other hand, the 1.5x down and right technically has more space, and probably suits the new maps from 1.1 a lot more on account of being able to build off their existing "character", such as how the mining one has the additional level down and secondary cliffs.

• dollbae

dollbae Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Btw, on your River drier farm there is some invisible barriers and floating lilypads. Also at the very bottom right of the map you can walk on the water.

AngryCat likes this.
          • AngryCat

Cleaning up the invisibles and lilypads... where exactly can you walk on water? I'm not seeing any indication of that one offhand...

• AngryCat

upload_2016-11-15_2-20-57.png

Have I ever mentioned I'm a big fan of the Wilderness map?
              If you want to beta test this extended map, grab it from here

Same warnings as before; may lag / "stop responding" while loading, just leave it alone and it'll make it through. Haven't tested this one yet. Have to upgrade tools to get access to all of the new space. Let me know of bugs and the like.

Decided to do something a little different with the borders for this one, hope it works out nicely.

• wrenworkman

wrenworkman Void-Bound Voyager

Love the map, just started a longevity play through on it, is it intentional that the grassy areas cant have buildings be built on them?

• bluesaka111

bluesaka111 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nice edit, but it will looks little better that you remove the green grass next to the greenhouse.

Btw, can you check why cant I build my shed at location in screenshot?

[​IMG]

• AngryCat

The grass hills east of the farm? Might just be that Robin doesn't recognize the extra part of the map. I was afraid that might happen, but sadly I don't really know how to fix it. I'll look into it more to add it in the future.

Ah, yes, I knew I was forgetting something with that one, will update with the grass removed from next to the greenhouse.
                    Aside from that, I don't see anything on the map itself that should be preventing you from building in that spot - aside from the top right corner which looks like you missed a piece of grass? Can you normally build in that spot on an unedited map? If not, it might just be a game limitation. If so...ehrm....uncertain.

• wrenworkman

wrenworkman Void-Bound Voyager

Actually i meant all of it, but thats just a graphical glitch, it shows that i cant but when i clicked even when it was red, to confirm it worked fine.

AngryCat likes this.
                      • AngryCat

Very odd, but glad it worked out. It might just be that the game thinks you shouldn't be able to build there for some reason, hence it does that.
                        I'll be sure to put that in my list of known oddities when I post the final mod, thank you very much for the information on it.

• AngryCat

upload_2016-11-18_5-37-0.png
                          So I heard you like some islands...

Beta download here

• AngryCat

upload_2016-11-19_5-23-47.png
                            Last one! I think. Still have one other design concept in my head I want to play with eventually...
                            Thought it only fitting for the forest that it would be grassy rather than dirt.
                            As such, the grass *should* all be diggable; I went through all the grass tiles I recognized and added that to the properties, but gods know I may have missed one.

Download for this one is available here, and I'll likely be posting the thread for the mod now.

• Inalleon

Inalleon Phantasmal Quasar

I found another spot, there are three tiles in the bottom right corner. They, tried axe, pick and bombs. I can't walk over them or anything. if you have time can you take a look maybe.

upload_2016-11-19_8-54-10.png

• AngryCat

Sorry, little burned out from class this week so my mind is blanking on me - could you remind me which map this one is again?

• Palaxar

Palaxar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm looking at the farms right now and the only issue I have with this is that its hard to see the picture. You have the picture extremely small which I'd incredibly appreciate a bigger version of the picture here, or some way to preview it.

• Inalleon

Inalleon Phantasmal Quasar

Yea it was post 277 (was the post you fixed the river showing in the trees), mining map without the raised land south of the house, still has the river and small pond under the mining spot. take your time, no rush.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Those are thumbnail previews. Click on 'em, and watch the magic happen. :illuminati:

AngryCat likes this.
                                      • AngryCat

Foghorn is correct; in the main mod thread, those pictures are previews - clicking on them will make them into the fuller size one.
                                        If those aren't big enough, I could try zooming in on the editor and piecing together some even larger ones

• AngryCat

upload_2016-11-21_11-53-34.png
                                          I don't see anything there in the editor, but I did a quick select/delete of the area on all layers except for paths (grass/trees) and sanitized the back layer into all the same dirt type. See if that helps; if not, I have no idea what's going on; Quick Patch