Android/ios version of stardew valley

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Themen098, Oct 12, 2017.

?

How much would you pay for stardew valley portable

1. Free

15.2%
  2. 1 to 5 dollars

13.0%
  3. 6 to 10 dollars

28.3%
  4. 11 to 15 dollars

43.5%
  1. Themen098

Themen098 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all stardew valley fans,
    I enjoy playing stardew valley a lot.
    But the only thing that bothers me is that i can only play it on pc.
    I know there is a switch version of this game but because i know still a lot of people don't have a switch (including me) and most people have a phone/tablet i would like to see a android/ios version. I would even pay 10 to 15 dollars for it. I hope the creators see this and maybe think about it.

Vote in the poll below

• Pretty_Princess

Pretty_Princess Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think it would work as well on a phone or tablet. Think about the battery life it would suck away and how hot the phone would be. I mean it sounds nice at first but once you start looking at the small things it can really cripple the idea.

JazeQ, Dougyhowzer and Iris Blanche like this.
      • tom7351

tom7351 Void-Bound Voyager

I actually don't think i want stardew valley on a mobile device. Micro-transactions are almost mandatory on mobile devices to make any kind of profit. And otherwise. It would mess everything up. It is a sit down game. It's made for people who want to sit down for when you have some spare time. Making it on mobile will mess it up. It wont be a sit down game anymore to become calm. And putting it on the switch was a really smart decision on Ape's part. It's an honor to be on a nintendo platform and on the switch. makes it a sit down game and a portable game. but it doesn't make it worse, it makes it better.

• The_Mike

The_Mike Space Hobo

I really hope that an android version is in the future now that major consoles are covered; I'd gladly shell out another 12 to 15 dollars to have a mobile version of my favourite time kill; bonus if it can sync with my gog saves!

• Direshadow

Direshadow Space Hobo

Hi,

Just wanted to say that I carry my IPad eveywhere. I basicly use it like a Cell Phone. I hate games on the Ipad that have dumb "currency" that you buy but if I could play Stardew Valley IOS, I would pay any price for it. Im a gamer and I understand the difference between nickle and diming and a real game.

Hearthstone and Baldur's Gate are 2 other games I love on my Ipad. There is room for Stardew Valley on mobile.

• Twistfaria

Twistfaria Void-Bound Voyager

I would absolutely play an iOS iPad version of Stardew Valley!! I don’t agree at all that a mobile platform would mess up the game. I don’t know about playing it on a screen as small as a “small” iPhone but I play many time waste games on both it and my iPad Pro. This would be such a great game to play on a trip with downtime, in hotels, on an airplane or train when you can’t or don’t want to set up a laptop. We live in an era where it is by no means a stretch of the imagination to see a time when we won’t ever have to be tied to the electric socket that a desktop or power hungry laptop requires to keep us playing the games we love! What better game for that than Stardew Valley!!

• Darquewolf

Darquewolf Big Damn Hero

How about setting it up so the mobile version can link to the one you already have but people that don't have it can buy it with a micro transaction while people that own it on PC can link there game to a chucklefish account to get a mobile key.

The other option is a separate game same mechanics but and everything but another location and such. Would allow for a new experience and more money for the creator.

• jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

I am actually porting it to Android. It'll be a while til it comes out, but it will only be 5-7 dollars. Planning for it to be featuring almost every feature, except the new Multiplayer update, because I have no experience in that kind of thing.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Interesting. How did you obtain legal permission from CA to monetize his intellectual property?

• iCody

iCody Poptop Tamer

My thoughts exactly.

• StarFruitBubbly

StarFruitBubbly Poptop Tamer

I would rather pay to expand the PC version.

• CMEPTb

CMEPTb Big Damn Hero

IMO making opensource ports is ok (perhaps "more or less tolerable" is more fitting).
                          Selling someone elses product or ripping it off for money is not ok.
                          How did you even come up with the idea of posting something like that on the official game forum?