Ancient Seed Disappeared?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glueinmybutt, Aug 6, 2018.

1. glueinmybutt

glueinmybutt Space Hobo

I just found the ancient seed and donated it and got the seed and recipe from Gunther, I planted it in the greenhouse and watered it and went to sleep. The next morning I went to check on it and it's gone. Anyone else ever have this happen?

• jakers_482

jakers_482 Space Hobo

No I have not, I have 86 hours on Stardew Valley, and this has not happened yet. Likely a glitch.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Are you sure it is gone and not just behind something else? Day one ancient fruit plants are very small and difficult to spot sometimes, and if you have something more profitable like Hops or a Pomegranate tree growing, it can easily be overshadowed.

I've got over five hundred hours logged on this game, and I've never heard of this ever happening before.

• JazeQ

JazeQ Star Wrangler

Happened to me once tho, it was with starfruit seeds i planted 24 spaces and on the next day it had a single empty spot

• Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's rare but every once in a while a plant will die in the greenhouse. It's unfortunate that it was with an ancient seed plant. If you use fertilizer it's less likely to happen, but still can.

Also some plants, you can't see it for a few days until it sprouts, so keep watering and waiting. I don't recall if ancient seeds are one of those that does that.

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I accidentally pickaxed my first, planted ancient seed. Bollocks.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

You are neither the first nor the last to have done so. Welcome to the club.

Fuzzyman likes this.