1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Ancient Glitch Ruin Redux

Discussion in 'Dungeons and Sidequests' started by 777Dan777, Jul 26, 2017.

1. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

I found this mod while browsing mods. I was scared that it will not be compatible with the current version. I was half right. The dungeon is stable, but the weapons use outdated files and I decided to remake them.

This may not work as I've tried, but just test it out for yourself. You can look into the code and tell me what's wrong as this is my first mod.

Attached Files:

2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey - I didn't realize someone remade the Ancient Glitch Ruins! Nice one. I'm going to test this as soon as I can. Are you still interested in working on it?

3. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

The only thing so far that needs to be updated are the items and the treasure pools. I just need some feedback. There's a problem with the crossbows and the flame sword, they crash the game before startup for me.

4. xaliber

Okay... The problem is not in your crossbow, it's your broadsword and shortsword.

First thing first, your edits are... really messy. You have lots of missing comas and unnecessary opened/closed brackets, that's why the game crashes on startup - the JSON is not valid. But don't worry. You can use this tool to make sure your JSON is valid: http://helmet.kafuka.org/sbmods/json/

Second I'm not sure about your file structure for the legendary/unique weapons... I've put them into same folder.

I've uploaded the fix below.

Now going on to the next problem. The animation for the shortsword is still janky and it won't aim properly. You need to fix the animation. It is also missing the inventory icon.

[​IMG]

Same goes with ancientglitchbossshield item, which shows the shield appearing on the left side of player character.

[​IMG]

You also need to fix the broadsword more and the legendary weapons, as it is now they don't spawn properly.

Oh and one last thing... we no longer use .modinfo, we use _metadata now. And even though you update this mod, please don't remove the name of its original author. Credits where its due. :)

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

5. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah... this is my first time improving a mod.

Wait a minute... I left the glitch boss shield as it is because it's an NPC item, your're not supposed to get it anyway.

no wait the shortsword is missing the icon. nvm.

Also, what do you mean "as it is now they don't spawn properly."?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
  6. xaliber

Would still look weird if used by NPC, just test it out.

They would still spawn as Perfectly Generic Items, the Broadsword also has a missing animation if I recall correctly.

Have you tested them out?

------

By the way, please avoid multiple posting like that. This is a forum board, not a chatbox, so if you have plenty of things to say just write it in one post. :)

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@777Dan777

Please avoid double posts like this in such a short amount of time. If you want to make additions to your post please use the edit function.
    I merged your posts.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

8. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks.

9. 777Dan777

777Dan777 Cosmic Narwhal

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the shortsword icon is blank. Everything else is fine except for the icon and the positioning. Also I need help with the treasure pool for the Glitch boss so that the weapons and armor ALWAYS drops upon death. Here's what I've got now:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. xaliber

Try making a new PNG file with a squared size (e.g. 16x16) for its icon. Name it as, for example, shortswordicon.png. Then set the inventoryIcon to shortswordicon.png instead.

Roskii Heiral likes this.