Ancient Fruit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pactio, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Pactio

Pactio Space Hobo

Hello everyone, recently i harvested my first ancient fruit, what i should so with it?

Sell it or marmalade?

• Andromedy

Andromedy Seal Broken

I would probably make jam with it, as it increases the sell price by a lot.

• Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

*fixed that for you*

Save it for when you get the seed maker, that way it is easier to produce more ancient fruit plants.
        Which gives you more ancient fruit.

The | Suit and Yusuke Urameshi like this.
        • Gorgon

Gorgon Space Spelunker

Yes. I have about 36 ancient plants every year to give me new ones. Making wine out of them gives you about 2140 gold each bottle! Means, you get an additional 77040 gold per month just for them. I am not quite sure, though, how often they produce new plants: once per month, or 2 times per month.... But they work from Spring to Fall. In winter times you make new seeds out of 36 plants, to keep this going. Theoretically, you could just make like 120 plants for producing, let them water automatically, and never have to do anything there, just harvesting like once or twice per month and earning like 240.000 - 480.000 gold per month for minimal work.
          But thats kinda boring...

• Axerron

Axerron Phantasmal Quasar

Also, it's a good idea to keep the seeds until you have a greenhouse available, so you don't lose the plants in winter. Harvesting and marmelade-ing/wine-ing ancient seeds all year long is one of the best sources of income in this game.

Thorin likes this.
            • Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Regardless what you do with it, you can easily get more. Whenever you use the seed maker there is a chance of an ancient seed coming out. It's not too uncommon for that to happen either.

• lordvalecortez

lordvalecortez Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't done it all proper and scientific, but I've gotten an ancient seed about once every 100-150 seeds I've made via the seedmaker.

• Thorin

Not sure if I read that correctly, I did it with 1 ancient fruit and got 1 seed in return. So I was extreme lucky?
                  Or did you mean: making seeds from different fruits that gets you an ancient seed?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                  • Yusuke Urameshi

Yes, exactly that.^

Thorin likes this.
                    • Gorgon

Gorgon Space Spelunker

No. You get in between 1-3 seeds per plant you put into it. Sometimes (in very rare occations) you get something other then intented. Like an ancient seed thing (not usuable in the first way). Or some time i got 5 mixed seed. Ancient seed you can find in mines or on other occations, too. And out of this Ancient seed you can make an seed, which is useable in the crafting menu. There is an difference between this old dead ancient seed thing, which is an artifact and the actual ancient seed seed. Out of this artifact you can make a seed via crafting menu. I am in the 3th year and have about 5 ancient seed artifacts lying around plus a few hundred ancient seed fruits, which i can either sell, or make a new patch of seed via the seed maker out of.

• Yusuke Urameshi

Alright you can get more ancient seed packets from putting in any fruit or vegetable into the seed maker. I haven't gotten the ancient seed artifact though and Gorgon you have successfully confused me lol.

• SG Harlekin

SG Harlekin Industrial Terraformer

Put ancient fruit into seed maker= 1-3 seed packets.
                          put anything in the seed maker = chance t get random ancinet seed packet, 1-3 packets of whatever you put in the maker or get packets of "mixed seed".

The ancient seed artifact has nothing to do with it generally except for the fact that you will be rewarded with 1 ancient seed packet when donating it to the museum

• Gorgon

Gorgon Space Spelunker

Noooo. It has to do with it! I have to start the game again, to check it, but:
                            After starting the game (damn, really 100 hours playtime???) i can take my ancient seed artifacts and look into the crafting menu and can make new "ancient fruit packets" out of them. So, making new life out of an dead artifact!

• Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I will second saving it, get a seed maker, start pumping out seeds for it. I have a greenhouse full of ancient fruit plants and kegs to make wine. Let me make around 450K or so during my winter.

• SG Harlekin

SG Harlekin Industrial Terraformer

Oh you can? Never noticed since i went to the seed maker with it right after harvesting the first fruit.

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Also make sure to put quality fertilizer in the soil of the greenhouse before planting them, apparently it does matter for wine/jelly making? Either way you're going to get a loooooooooot of money every month.

• Thorin

As I understood the wiki, silver or gold starred have no effect on making jelly and wine. However it does matter for cheese and mayonnaise tho.

But maybe Deluxe Speed-Gro (25%) makes the growing of plant (and maybe the fruit too?) quicker. 8 days to grow an new fruit would become 6 days?

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I'm not sure Speed-Gro works like that but then again I rarely use it for anything but for flowers around my beehives.

• Thorin

Well I'm going to test it anyway ;) when it is spring again. I don't think I will have the greenhouse up and running before that (having no animals and being depend on the gypsy is a gamble)

I bought the best sprinkler (3k gold, gypsy), will test it with the deluxe speed grow and a batch with the best fertilizer. Will see

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

So from what I'm seeing here, what with making wine and marmalade from berries, the Artisan profession is pretty OP at the moment, eh? ^^