An RTS element.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Ragen, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Ragen

Ragen Big Damn Hero

This would probably be something done as an expansion, but still, it would be cool to see.

Basically, the ability to command your NPC's to attack a place. Whether this must be done locally (as in, the character present must be there) or remotely (maybe like an orbital strike).

Like, if I go to someone's planet that they have a 'Beacon of War' (which, in concept, would work like 'flagging' yourself for PvP [World of Warcraft]) you can assault them. You can either go in solo, or send in your army to attack the planet, and the person defending can either send in armies, or fight the person in a duel.

The NPC's sent in would probably follow basic orders, and as long as you had control over them, you can change their orders to combat others.

The entire framework upon retrospection would pretty much make a new game, I suspect, but that's what suggestions are for =P.

Space0tters! ! and doused like this.
  2. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It all depends on the way the game works upon release and what really works with a title like this.

3. Ragen

Ragen Big Damn Hero

Yeah true. It does sound like it would work, but I'm also not a programmer, and it may be worth more trouble than it's worth.

4. Ragen

Ragen Big Damn Hero

Well if it's done right, it should feel really optional. I would hate to be forced to have to resort to it for everything.

5. Dizzard

Dizzard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't say I'm a big supporter of this.

I've been looking for quite a while for a space themed game that wasn't an RTS.

6. Ragen

Ragen Big Damn Hero

Well of course you do have Starcraft, I do know that, but I feel the 2D platform could be an interesting take on it. It would kinda like being able to create your own Goblin Invasions from Terraria, only smarter (player controlled)

Space0tters! ! likes this.