1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

An Option to disable Auto-Emoticons

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Xylia, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Seriously, I hate these things. If I WANT an Emoticon (and I never use them), I will insert it manually by using the convenient Emoticon Button right there above what I'm typing.

What I hate, is I'm trying to type something simple, like "less than three" and I hit Post, and there's a big ugly emoticon there that I never wanted there in the first place, and now I need to edit it to remove the stupid emoticon and find some way to render that some other way.

Or, that stupid one that has to do with a B and a ) symbol that prevents me from doing my own lists without having to use the list button (I type faster than I can click buttons so I just do my own lists). Then I have to edit, and manually put a space in between the letter and the ) (which makes it look stupid) just to get rid of the stupid emoticon that I never wanted in the first place.

There's several other symbols (usually in math in equations) that produce auto-emoticons too.

I would just like a feature to turn them off. If I want emoticons, I'll use the stupid button to make them manually without them being done automatically. I shouldn't need to use code tags just to avoid them or what-not.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Currently XenForo doesn't have a way to disable them for all future posts you make, but you can do it when you post by wrapping everything with these tags:
    Code:
    [nosmile]
    [/nosmile]

foghorn likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Hmm, I suppose that's something.