An Humble Suggestion

Discussion in 'Other' started by WMoose, Dec 19, 2013.

1. WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Greetings.

The loading bar was a great touch.

I suggest that the loading bar fade in and out between 40% opacity and 100% opacity while you are waiting for the game to load.

This is a visual identifier that your game has not locked up while you are waiting for it to load. Eventually it will not be necessary, but since we're in Beta, it would be great for everyone, and is a minor change.

Thank you!

Puddinsky likes this.
  2. Othienka

Othienka Tentacle Wrangler

I agree.

I would prefer something more gradual though, but anything than just a static loading would be an improvement.

3. WMoose

Indeed. Especially since you have to stare at it for so long depending on how the launcher feels that day.

At 10 Seconds: "Ugh.. it takes so long.. Oh well. Starbound. :)"

At 1 Minute: "Hmm.. it's taking longer than ususal.. Did it freeze? *Checks Task Manager*"

Beyond 2 Minutes: "D...do I close it..? But what if it's about to load? And then I close it and have to wait this long again?! WHAT DO I DO?!?!!"

Just sayin'.

4. Othienka

Othienka Tentacle Wrangler

I usually just start it windowed, open something else in-case it happens to be "one of those days".

5. Nihil K'ri

Nihil K'ri Void-Bound Voyager

I'd prefer it to give a loading readout like the server does, but that's more of a developer/admin feature, so probably enable it in a config file.

6. DarthArbiter00

DarthArbiter00 Intergalactic Tourist

Have a minigame in the loading screen.

7. WMoose

A minigame would be sort've neat. There are other games that have done that as well. (Think Okami, pressing X in time with the paws on the loading screen would grant Demon Fangs if done correctly. :) )

8. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

I would just have it be an actual progress bar, starting at 0% and loading to 100%.

Also, does it really take 2+ minutes to load for some people? It loads in about 5 seconds for me.

9. WMoose

Unfortunately, yes. For many people it can sometimes take that long. Sometimes it will load in about 15 seconds, but I have had it take up to 5 minutes before. It's a known issue they're working on.