1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

"An error occurred while updating Stardew Valley (unknown error)"???

Discussion in 'Support' started by smickers, Mar 28, 2017.

1. smickers

smickers Yeah, You!

Hello!

I posted this in the Mods section too, but I wasn't 100% sure if that was the right place to post this in, so I figured I'd put it here too. I downloaded some mods today for the first time, following all the instructions and stuff, but now I can't open my game. I've tried removing the mods and opening it again, but nothing.

What do??? :nurusad::nurusad::nurusad:

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Did you backup your content and saves folder?

When you removed the mods did you continue to launch SMAPI(assuming you were using that) or did you go back to the regular application?

• smickers

smickers Yeah, You!

I think I just used the regular application (I do have SMAPI). Like, I logged into Steam and just opened it from there. Is that what you mean? Sorry, I really don't know much about this whole thing.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Did you configure steam to open SMAPI? You probably did that. Try opening the application itself.

And for future reference, only try to mod if you're experienced or know how to do it. It's very easy to destroy your game if you mess up.

• Kabets26

Kabets26 Space Hobo

Smickers the step where you paste all that stuff into Stardew Valley properties, just delete all that text. I ran into the same problem as you and got super scared for my saves as well.

• petitepriere

petitepriere Intergalactic Tourist

I'm having the same problem as OP. When I delete the text from properties I can run the game fine but the mods disappear. I tried running Stardew with SMAPI but it's not letting me. I really wanna play with mods though. Any help would be appreciated :kawaii:

• Aysh07

Aysh07 Space Hobo

This was so helpful ty so much!!