Mob An enemy that chases you forever.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Poppy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

First off, this is more of a vague concept as opposed to a full fledged idea. (even if I HAD a real idea, I might want to save it for my own personal usage)

I've had a few nightmares in my life, where an unkillable SOMETHING (different every dream) or another is chasing after me because I "pissed it off" Yeah, seriously, and no NATURAL means can kill it...

So I was thinking what if theres say, a tomb, (like an egyptian / avian tomb) if you take some treasure from it OR deface it in someway, an unkillable ghost will start chasing you FOREVER, as I stated above, its invulnerable to normal attacks, it kills you instantly with its attack, and the only way to get rid of it is to fix the damage / return the item, OR, possibly, lead it to some holy cleansing field or something to that nature. (The ONE thing that can actually kill it)

This sounds like something a player wouldn't know to do at first though, so to balance it, I'd imagine the ghost or whatever IT is:

1. Looking intimidating, to drive home the point that you need to get the hell away from it, (or maybe it can kill a powerful NPC thats with you?)

2. Being INCREDIBLY slow, but be able to phase through any terrain, so it can get you ANYWHERE you go...on that planet at least...honestly, I think having it follow you to other planets would be somewhat bothersome, maybe it shouldn't be able to do that?

Actually, aren't items / objects all scannable? Maybe they could give you hints about how to deal with this thing or avoid it in the first place, I could imagine Avian lore or something telling about how someone important to them isn't resting peacefully and will bring doom to anyone if disturbed.

Wow this stuff actually started writing itself!

If you DON'T like it, at least give a valid reason, don't just argue about it just for the sake of starting an argument, I WON'T put up with it! Yeah it MIGHT be game breaking or something, but how could anyone know? The developers haven't given us enough information to know that!

2. iBanana 4S™

iBanana 4S™ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can actually imagine something like this in the game, which reminds me of the scary crap you get from RPG Maker horror games. But even if it did follow you forever, I'm pretty sure it'd just get to the point where it's starting to annoy people, then you could hear screams "LLLLLEEEEERRRROOOOOOYYYYY JEEEEENNNKIINNNSSS" miles away with a large mob of stalkers :eek:

3. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

*looks at title* Hmmmmm...
    *Deep though*Wait a sec...
    [​IMG]
    SLENDER MAN IN STARBOUND!

4. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad to see I am wanted here...

linkunarre and BrutorDragon like this.
  5. Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, I actually just learned of "the slenderman" recently, and wasn't even thinking of that when I wrote this! :rofl:

6. Poppy

Poppy Phantasmal Quasar

I think the Dev's said the homebase is the one universally safe spot in the game, so yeah.

7. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess it'll be better to have dome very tough monster that sometimes appears on the planet you explore. It's unkillable, but after getting some damage it retreats and leaves you alone for some time. Of course, it never appears in your homebase and space station.
    I think such monsters must turn from real threat to mere inconvenience with player's progression.

8. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

It could wait for you at your home base near the entrance until you leave.

9. Mystic_Wulf

Mystic_Wulf Existential Complex

That would be creepy if Slenderman was in the game :saywhat:

10. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Mob - The Ultimate Stalker.

11. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Indubitably.
    As long as its not able to pass through walls and other solid things, It would sound fun.
    Like...It would stay at the edge of your screen until you go into a dark cave, and then it goes in for the kill?

12. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I'm scared to think what this mob would look like... if it was just a ghost it would be quite plain, I want something scarier.

13. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Perhaps make it a type of...Horrible looking monster that acts like a Chameleon?

14. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Sounds familiar... but agreeable.

15. Tails7712

Tails7712 Spaceman Spiff

Maybe it can't go into the temple,so as long as your in the temple,your safe....

16. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

A safe haven in Starbound... away from that monster...

17. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

i want slenderman ingame:iswydt:

18. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Everyone does these days, everyone.

Zaba35 and creepwolf like this.
  19. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Perhaps it shoots globs of blinding goop when you get too close to it while its following you?

20. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having a showdown with this thing could end up with an intense battle...