America is gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wakefulzack, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

This is a great example of what I'm talking about, you've just stated that my statements are mindless. Care to give an example? I don't need hard facts, because I'm not defending or attacking Trump. He wasn't someone I'd ever think to pick for president, but I can see why he was.

My point is that you want to believe Trump is a dictator, you're scouring every site you can find to back up your own bias.

To say that Trump is less intelligent than Bill Gates is beyond laughable. Does it matter? Does it matter that you are less intelligent that Bill Gates? Would it matter that you're less intelligent than me? Am I less intelligent than Bill Gates? We should let Bill Gates know that he's the benchmark for presidential candidates now.

To say that he has filled his staff with people who support him and acting like that is something unique to Trump is also silly. This is a practice that every president does.

To say that he's wrong for firing someone who works for him because they didn't support him and then comparing it to a dictator? Do you see these logical leaps you're taking or do they just slip past because you can't allow yourself to think any other way?

Are you aware of any of the staff choices of former presidents that had conflicting interests with the posts they were given? Did it matter to you? Are you concerned at all by how much this president concerns you in comparison to previous ones?

Does it come across as hypocritical to you that you quoted figures on how much money trump wasted, but didn't flinch at how much money was wasted on demonizing him?

Of course you're giving me facts. Everyone has their own set of "pet facts" that back up their thought process. The trick is to look at multiple sources before forming an opinion so that you don't come across as quite so ignorant to someone who is trying to help you see that every side on this issue has their own facts that they'll never concede or look at the opposition's.

What hard evidence would you like me to provide to help you see this? Is it not fairly self-evident?

To be fair, it probably is easier to just write me off as "mindless."

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    SivCorp likes this.
  2. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Still, It's a forum based around a game, where giant hentai monster literally fucks the entirety of earth.

I shall now make use of that tip.