1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Amazon Payments appears unable to complete

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by neotemplarvellum, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neotemplarvellum

neotemplarvellum Space Hobo

So I've been trying to preorder via the amazon payments method and having some problems. The first time I tried it told me that there was an error and to try again. The second time I tried it took me to this page:
    https://www.humblebundle.com/contact
    I took this to mean that there was an error again.

The third time seemed to work and exclaimed:
    Processing…

Thanks for purchasing Starbound (Pixel Tier)! Please check your email for more information.

Except that now it has been processing for an hour and a half with no emails from amazon, not even to charge me (so I am certain that my email address is fine as it is linked to my amazon account and would receive payment emails). So my question is this: What is going on with this? Has the whole thing failed? If so can I try another payment option safely without worrying about this one accidentally double ordering on me?

Additional:

Did some self research and it seems that amazon payments are borked today (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...3836/Amazon-payments-keep-failing-nooooo.html evidence from another place) so I'm just gonna sit on this and wait. I'll report in if I get through but for now this thread should help avoid confusion if anyone else hits the same thing.

2. Bottle Opener

Bottle Opener Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ive just posted my pre-order through Amazon payments and it went through like a greased piggy. Perhaps they have fixed the error that was causing said b0rk-ness ?

3. neotemplarvellum

Hopefully that is the case, I'm just worried that something derppy will occur and it will run multiple transactions on me. (Can I get refunded if that happens?)

4. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We've been having some issues with Amazon payments over the past few days, it's with their systems and not ours or humble's so unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it :(

5. neotemplarvellum

Well, given it seems to be working for others and that amazon has sent me no payment email (which typically are like instant when it is working properly), I'm going to assume that all of the other tries totally failed and have not just been delayed or something. In the event that I do get multi charged, hopefully someone with authority to do so will refund me. Whelp time to try again...

Ok this time it worked, I'll be back to report again if I do in fact get multi charged later but it doesn't appear to have happened so far.

6. Bottle Opener

Bottle Opener Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe if you do get multi-charged, you can work with Amazon support to have the multi-orders removed, since the game is not yet released and the keys not yet valid?

neotemplarvellum likes this.
  7. neotemplarvellum

That's sort of what I figured. Thanks for reinforcing that thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.