Alternate Door to Harvey's Apartment

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raiyna, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Raiyna

Raiyna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've seen the suggestion a few times on Reddit, and I browsed through here very briefly for a similar thread and didn't find one... So unless I'm blind (which is highly likely), I'd like to make a discussion on how to go about creating this mod.

Ideally, I'd like it to be a staircase (that I could create from scratch if need be) that's mounted to the side of the clinic. The door wouldn't be visible since it's on the side, but you can still click to enter it, and it takes you straight into Harvey's apartment room. For immersion sake, preferably on the left wall of his house (near the radio table). This way, if you're trying to woo Harvey or want to talk to him at night or just forget about the (rather lame) 3pm closing rule, you can still get in to see him.

I'd like to create this mod myself, but I am 100% new to programming, and while I am looking at the SDV wiki on SMAPI mod-making and finding some beginner tools/resources for myself, I'd still like some feedback from the modding community on whether or not this is something doable. I'd like to think it is, but it could also be something way out of my league. So any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

And, if this mod already does exist, please let me know? I've searched the nexus plenty and didn't see it, but I'm also aware there are some mods that are posted only to these forums, and I haven't found it thru Google search yet, so.

Ellyssa likes this.