1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

already purchased on PC

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by d0ubleo76, Aug 15, 2016.

1. d0ubleo76

d0ubleo76 Void-Bound Voyager

i see that Starbound is heading to the Xbox one. ive been an early supporter of starbound ever since it was first released on steam. will i get a code to download it to my xbox one without purchasing the game again?

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion

3. MissKiki

MissKiki Space Penguin Leader

I don't think so. You bought a license to play it on PC. Just like other games, that require you to buy two liscences if you want to play them on different consoles. That'd be like asking for an extra free copy of the game, devs don't know if you'll use it for yourself or just pass it to a friend.

4. citriz

citriz Big Damn Hero

Has anything been said as to when we can expect a Xbox release? I've been patiently waiting and there hasn't been anything mentioned in a long while, just hoping it is still happening

5. Thee Pie Man

Thee Pie Man Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do not believe so, it's more than likely you'll have to buy it for the separate system as well if you wish to play it on said system.
    1. It supports the team that works on it to port it to the system, squash bugs and etc. I do not believe the team we have now is going to be working on it and will have a separate team working on it is stated here on this page: http://playstarbound.com/starbound-coming-to-windows-10-and-xbox-one-via-game-preview/
    2. Steam/whatever company you bought Starbound from isn't likely to be associated with Microsoft at all, so the idea that you'd be able to get a code is very unlikely.

If you do get a code, awesome, but again- I highly doubt it as someone else has pointed out with equally valid points.