Allegedly Obtainable Weapons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PugCasRock, Oct 5, 2018.

1. PugCasRock

PugCasRock Space Hobo

I know I'm not the only completionist here, and I've seen conflicting information on these weapons that I have not been able to legitimately find despite hundreds of hours of gameplay.

I welcome any evidence to the contrary, but I hypothesize that the following weapons, although not listed as "unobtainable" on the wiki, are not actually obtainable in the unmodded game:
    Femur
    Holy Blade
    Dark Sword

Femur
    Note: I am well aware of the artifact Prehistoric Tibia, so do not bother asking if I'm looking for the artifact when I'm obviously referring to the weapon.
    This Level 1 Club would be exceptionally useful for the first few days to anyone playing the Wilderness Farm, who could not access any other weapon until the boulder blocking access to The Mines is removed. However, I have never seen so much as a description of anyone actually finding it by "tilling outside The Mines".
    The sprite bares a striking resemblance to the bones that Skeletons throw at you in floors 71-79 of The Mines. I suspect this is the only instance when the Femur is used without modding.

Holy Blade
    Dark Sword

Both of these swords are listed as dropping from Monsters in The Mines below level 60, but despite countless repetitions combing these floors, especially hunting Purple Mushrooms, the only weapon that enemies seem to drop after floor 60 are the Lead Rod or very rarely the Iron Edge.
    A note under Trivia on the Weapons page mentions unused code that awards a "Battered Sword" that can eventually be upgraded to a "Galaxy Sword" (same as the Galaxy Sword?) after intermediate upgrades to a "Hero Sword", a "Holy Sword" (same as the Holy Blade?), and a "Dark Sword" (same as this Dark Sword?).
    The Dark Sword does now have some description of a health recovery perk, whether that is the result of someone actually finding it or just modding to obtain it.
    I suspect both of these swords are only part of that unused upgrade sequence.

Please reply if you have actually found any of these weapons, or if your name rhymes with Beric Darone to confirm if any of my supposition is correct.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

I have gotten the Holy Blade in the mines one time, on only one file. It didn't last long before I got an upgrade, but I kept it nonetheless.

• PugCasRock

PugCasRock Space Hobo

Interesting, do you remember if it was in the really deep levels (80+)?
        Part of me feels bad constantly killing so many Shadow Brutes and Shaman in search of some swords that I probably won't actually use, but them's the breaks.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Sorry, it's been a long while since it dropped and I honestly couldn't tell you. :(

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I've obtained the Femur by digging worms outside the cave area once, it's probably quite a rare chance since I've only hit it once in several hundred hours of gameplay.