1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

All progress wiped on quit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dervicus, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dervicus

Dervicus Intergalactic Tourist

I've had the game for a while, but came back to it today. First thing I noticed, upon entering the game proper, was that my avatar started randomly shooting and jumping. I figured out that this was due to an issue in the keybinds.

[​IMG]
    I set the contols to my liking and continued playing. A while later, I closed the program down, then a while later I came back to it.

Everything was gone; the artifacts i'd collected, monster logs, the keybinds; it was like I had never even touched it. I've tried running it as an admin, re/uninstalling, and nothing worked. I spoke with a friend who also plays, and they'd had no such problems. I've done a bit of research and heard of some people having similar issues. If anyone has advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

• CSISephiroth

CSISephiroth Space Hobo

Yup I have the same issue and its really annoying and makes it unplayable

• SincereDreams

SincereDreams Void-Bound Voyager

even though this is an older thread, it looks like the op might still be having the problem. i had the same issue and found that you had to go into the game's folder and locate the saves config file and delete it. when you restart the game it should have created another save file and while starting from square 1, it should start saving progress properly again 574aff081dc356ebb950ea2367ecbf92.png
        (this is the file you wanna delete)

• Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

What if like me, even after deleting the save.ini it still doesn't work? not sure why but my game just completely ignores the save.ini, works and runs with out one and deleting the prefs.ini as some people have mentioned in forums makes no difference ether, kinda annoying really...

also sorry for the topic revival.

• Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Space Hobo

Microsoft c++ 2010 is the solution to your problem

• Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

tried that, none of it made any difference what so ever...

• lawferran

lawferran Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue as Dilrax here, any further assistance anyone can provide plz? im addicted to the game but would like to be able to keep unlocking stuff instead of starting from square one? any help much appreciated.

• Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

If your game is off the C drive that's your issue. idk otherwise

• Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

never had that problem before with it not being on C Drive.