1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved All my characters are gone

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by orphenlegato, Oct 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orphenlegato

orphenlegato Big Damn Hero

I loaded up Starbound today after a long break only to find out that all 10 of my characters are missing. I checked the save folder and they are still listed and I even tried renaming the bak files to see if that worked but nothing. Any new characters I make are saved and their files get added to the player folder.

2. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

Did you notice any update to Starbound? Ppl are reporting a 85mb update.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log in your storage folder. It should contain information about why they're not loaded.

4. orphenlegato

here you go

Attached Files:

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The log only shows one character that couldn't be loaded (uuid 36aefb5502a66f25c2c334c4984f6d2f). How long was your break?

It might be possible that either the character file is damaged or outdated.

6. orphenlegato

Yeah that was because I was messing around with the back up saves and last time I saw my characters was maybe around April.

7. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

do you have any mods that change player inventory? ik there is a list of mods in the log but i don't hav time rn

Iris Blanche likes this.
  8. orphenlegato

I don't have anything that changes the size but I do have inventory interface redone installed.

EDIT: It seems I had an add-on to that mod called Inventory Interface Redone Armor Tab. Once I removed that all my characters reappeared!! Thanks for figuring out it was an inventory mod issue :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.